Menu
banhampaul
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Swapped Tivi box error - low signal

I have just swapped our bedroom V+ box for a new Tivo. After just 24hrs, we have had several "low signal" errors and many channels are not viewable. To recover the channels we have reset the box 3 times already :-(
the old V+ box had an attenuator fitted. the "swap" manual shows a diagram of connections, with a "floating" attenuator but NO mention of it in the wording.
Should I use or disconnect the attenuator - please advise

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Swapped Tivi box error - low signal

if it was on the v box i would use the attenuator and see if it sorts it self out with this problem

Using VIVID 200 Gamer Optical Fibre, Full House TV, Talk More Anytime

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Your old box had three TV tuners. The TiVO has an additional internet modem, & also is in constant contact with Virgin's servers as opposed to using a viewing card. I would say try the new box without the attenuator & see how it goes. Keep hold of it though as you may need it in future.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
banhampaul
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

the problem is occurring with the attenuator fitted. I will try removing it, but is there a chance of damage/errors by too strong a signal ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello banhampaul,

Just to let you know I've found your duplicate post regarding this issue and replied to it here.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos