Menu
Braddj
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Swap boxes

I've got TiVo in my front room plus I have the V plus box in another room my friend has just left virgin and gave me his TiVo box could I swap that over with the V plus
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Swap boxes

No. You should give the TiVo back to your friend as it belongs to Virgin Media.
0 Kudos
Braddj
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin didn't ask for it back so could I just use it as you can just buy them on eBay
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

They will have asked for it back. TiVo boxes are required to be returned.

Your friend will be charged to replace it if they don't return it.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Braddj wrote:
Virgin didn't ask for it back so could I just use it as you can just buy them on eBay

Buy one off eBay and see what happens.

I'll repeat, ALL equipment supplied by Virgin Media remains the property of Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Braddj,

Thanks for coming by and welcome to our community Smiley Happy

It will be best for you to return the TiVo® back to your friend.  As mentioned in previous replies, your friend could be charged if not returned back to us.  

If your friend asks use to we can send out the relevant packaging to return it back to us.  they can request this via the Community Forums here if they like, we'll be happy to arrange for the returns packaging to be sent out if they like.

Whilst you may see TiVo® boxes on Ebay, they won't work as each box is registered to a specific account for security purposes.  Also the box your friend has given you won't work for you as it's registered to their former account.

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to ask Smiley Happy

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Braddj
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi collete

Thanks for your reply I've gave back the box to my mate he's going to contact Virgin but he left 6 months ago and no one has asked for it back
0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

hi braddj im not trying to make things worse but my advice is to ring customer care 150 and follow options given and they will give you a box if you want 1 its safe doing it that way because virgin will install 1 and test it whilst buying 1 from bid sites isnt worth risking its much safer doing it that way buy 1 from virgin thats correct way because your buying a box its illegal it wont work for starters we did that once it didnt work couldnt get it working you should not get boxes from ebay get 1 from places you trust like virgin media it might cost lots but your better off jonni
0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

i cant make out why virgin dont ask for them back its their equipment with their profile name printed on boxes it states in terms that all virgin boxes should be returned back and not given to anyone else or sold on
0 Kudos
Braddj
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've given the box back to my mate he said when he gets s chance he will return it but no one has asked for it back nor has he been charged for it and he left 7 months ago. I know now that I can't just swap the box case closed thanks for all your help
0 Kudos