Menu
Highlighted
brhull
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Surround sound with TiVo

When I had Sky I could connect between the Sky box and my surround sound box to get TV sound through the surround sound speakers.  The TiVo box doesn't have the same cable connections. Is it possible to use the surround sound with TiVo?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Surround sound with TiVo

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The TiVo has optical & HDMI, you need HDMI to go from TiVo to tv, then optical ether to go from TiVo to amp, or if that doesn't work from amp to tv. As you are connected via HDMI from TiVo to tv the sound just takes a different route. With those other cables mentioned you will not get proper 5.1 surround sound. Regards Micky
0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi brhull,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

Many of our customers do use surround sound equipment with our TiVo® box.  It may be you need to use a different kind of lead to connect it up.  What lead are you currently using?

From what I've seen around on the community forums HDMI and Optical Leads are commonly used.

Alternatively, you can get plug adaptors to accommodate a different type of connection if required.

Also here's a useful article that will be relevant also: How do I change my TiVo® box's audio output settings?

I hope it will be useful for you.  If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to ask Smiley Happy

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
brhull
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The cable I was using was straight forward jack plugs.

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The TiVo has optical & HDMI, you need HDMI to go from TiVo to tv, then optical ether to go from TiVo to amp, or if that doesn't work from amp to tv. As you are connected via HDMI from TiVo to tv the sound just takes a different route. With those other cables mentioned you will not get proper 5.1 surround sound. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Brasco8561975
Just joined
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You can get a Cambridge audio 100 series @ richer sounds you connect it threw the earphone jack on the back of the new V6 virgin box direct to ur HiFi or ur TV earphone port to ur HiFi either works iv tryed today and happy with the result problem solved👌
0 Kudos