Menu
vadek
Rising star
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Surprise reboot

Okay, the circumstances were a bit dodgy, but my TiVo rebooted all by itself. Unfortunately, I wasn't watching video from the TiVo when it did it.

Basically: (1) I pressed the power button once to turn it off, and got the usual dialogue box telling me it would power off in a few seconds, (2) I switched my TV's source to its internal TV tuner, (3) I remembered something else I wanted to do with the TiVo, so I pressed 1 to stop it powering off - and it went into the restart cycle!!

I've cancelled a TiVo shutdown without being able to see the power dialogue before, and it's worked fine. I really don't know what happened this time. Surely it should have asked me to do that thumbs down last channel thing before it can reboot. I was grateful to find that it had only rebooted and not done a factory reset! Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Surprise reboot

Hey vadek

I hope you're well, sorry to hear about the confusion with your box lately.

I'm not sure why the box restarted itself in this situation, although looking at your box we're not detecting any issues from our end at the moment.

How have things been since the reboot? If you've not noticed any issues then I wouldn't worry too much.

We'll be here if you need anythingMan Happy

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
vadek
Rising star
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Surprise reboot

Hi Craig

When it happened I was panicking that it was doing a full factory reset and losing my recordings. I thought that I'd somehow hit on a magic key shortcut that resets the box. I've been unable to reproduce this behaviour, so maybe it was down to timing. I definitely pressed the numeric '1' button as it was counting down to standby.

Hopefully just a one-off fluke.

David

0 Kudos