Menu
Tom41
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Suggestions records SAME show again...

Sometimes I check on my TiVo box and find that there is a Suggestion recording. If it's not something I'd be interested in, I select the recording and click Stop (not stop and delete), as this stops it moving into Recently Deleted. 

If I do this, the TiVo box then starts recording the SAME show again on the +1 version of the channel! Is there any way to stop this behaviour? Do I have to give Thumbs Down to a programme whenever I don't want it to record on Suggestions? I don't particularly dislike the shows; I just don't want them recording all the time...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Suggestions records SAME show again...

Hi Tom41,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with Suggestions.

If you don't want that program to record, go to Home, My Shows and Recordings, My Shows then Suggestions. You can the select the recording and press the Thumbs Down button. Using the Thumb ratings will improve the suggestion the TiVo® records.

Check out the TiVo® Suggetions Article on our Help site for more information!

Hope this helps!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
G8MMG
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I also get this even after stop and delete.

However one suggestion out of the three being recorded on Sunday morning really took the biscuit.

"BBC Three is now online"

I kid you not.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello G8MMG,

Welcome to the community.

As Josh_RW has mentioned there's a great article online that will help with your suggestions here

Also if you wanted to turn them off because you feel they're not recording anything that you're interested in then you'll be able to do this by going to - 

Home - Help & Settings - Settings - Recordings - Suggestions

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos