Menu
ASmith3
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Suggestions - Can I stop auto-recording?

Is there a way to completely stop the box from recording stuff by itself? I've only had it two weeks and I'm getting tired of having to delete all the random <expletive> it's recorded for me. I clear out the suggestions too, to no avail. With my Sky box I had none of this nonsense, if I want to record something I'll set it to record, if I don't, I won't. None of this 'helpful' nuisance.

Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I stop auto-recording?

Turn off suggestions. Help & settings-settings-recordings-suggestions - no don't record suggestions. 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Press: home> settings> recordings>suggestions> highlight 'no' 

you don't need to delete suggestions they take up no disk space BTW

mike_gain
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like the PP us seeing recording on top of suggestions.

A things come to mind

- Your TiVo is recording suggestions for series you have already recorded...both the recordings you planned and the suggestions show up in the same folder. The suggestions have a thumbs up icon next to them. Turn off suggestions and this won't happen

- you have a wishlist set up that is finding matches that you don't expect. These recordings eill show up in a folder with a star icon. If this is the case alter the wishlist to be more specific

- you have a series link set to record new & reruns or everything. These can pick up lots of unwanted repeats. Change the series link to new only and it should reduce the number of unwanted recordings.

If what you're seeing sounds like none of the above I am out of ideas.
ASmith3
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Parrotperson wrote:

Turn off suggestions. Help & settings-settings-recordings-suggestions - no don't record suggestions. 

I've done that now, I hadn't seen that setting before, hopefully it will help.

I dislike tech that tries to be helpful, always ends up being a pain in the rear.

KAT76
Just joined
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, this has been driving me nuts.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos