Menu
Dreamfinder
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Suddenly not able to use Tvanywhere app as a remote!

I have been using the TVanywhere app on my iPad successfully as a remote for a long time now but suddenly it will not connect and states they're not on the same network. My TiVo box is connected to my super hub via a powerline and, on going through all the info I can find regarding connection problems, I know the IP address should be the same on both but I've discovered that the Ethernet IP address is different on the TiVo (169.254.77.40) to the one on my iPad 192.168.0.5
Assuming that this is the problem how do I re-establish matching IP addresses?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Suddenly not able to use Tvanywhere app as a remote!

Check in TiVo network settings that it is set to get an address from DHCP.

0 Kudos
Dreamfinder
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have done this and I get the message  "There's a problem with your network router. (N02). Your TiVo box was unable to connect to DHCP server to obtain a network address." Then it suggests rebooting your router if the connection has worked before. 

I had to reboot the router last weekend due to a different issue so maybe that's what caused my TVAnywhere app problem. I will try rebooting it again and see if that corrects the problem.

0 Kudos
Dreamfinder
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I tried rebooting but it has made no difference as I still get the same message. It appears the only way to connect is by letting the TiVo box assign itself an IP address.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I saw a similar issue on here that turned out to be a faulty Ethernet cable.

Your connection to Superhub is the issue. Test your powerline connection and the Ethernet cables involved.

You must get your Superhub DHCP to assign an IP address, not TiVo assign its own.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Dreamfinder
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I know the TiVo box shouldn't assign its own but if I can't get it to use the DHCP how else can I connect it? I will try a different Ethernet cable tomorrow and see if that solves the problem, thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I believe the N02 message you get from TiVo when it requests the DHCP server (your Superhub) is telling you that it's not reaching the Superhub because the path is not complete.

I would check whether another device connected to the powerline, instead of the TiVo, has a similar issue, meaning there is a problem with powerline adapters or their Ethernet cables.

0 Kudos
Dreamfinder
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I haven't been able to check the Ethernet cable as I can't find any spares but today I got a different message stating there was an IP conflict and that another item had the same IP address (192.168.0.7). I logged in to the router and checked all devices but none were showing the same IP address, see photo. Apart from checking the Ethernet cables could it possibly be a problem with the Superhub? It is a Superhub 1 that I have had for many years!

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Image removed (Contains MAC address), please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Dreamfinder
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I now cannot log on to my home Internet as it keeps saying my password is incorrect!

I have had to phone VM and they are sending an engineer out on Monday to look at it. Maybe my app will work as a remote again after they've been 🤔

0 Kudos