Menu
johnnikki
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Stuttering recordings

I have had my tivo for 4 or 5 years now and been very pleased with it. Up until now. Every recording we have stutters to some degree and some play so far then just stop. Have tried everything but the problem persists. Does anyone have any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Stuttering recordings

if you don't have the same stuttering on live TV then it's likely that your hard disk is on its way out.

watch as much as you can as an engineer swapping out your TiVo is on the cards.

a VM rep will be along eventually but if you want to get this sorted as soon as it's best to call in, they can check your signal level (what would be causing the stuttering while watching live TV) or get an engineer book for a swap out.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I also had stuttering around the start of the year and, having a box that is nearly five years old, I suspected an HDD issue. The box was checked by a member of the Forum team and no signal issues were found but it was agreed that an engineer visit was advisable. 

The engineer discovered that my signal was slightly out of sync and adjusted it. Since then the stuttering has disappeared and I am keeping my fingers crossed. 

I had also noticed that my box had slowed down and, together with other issues, I had been suspicious that there was a local network problem. All of a sudden, a couple of weeks after the engineer visit, all of the issues that I had been concerned about disappeared. My box also seems to be responding much faster.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
johnnikki
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks guys. The stuttering is on recordings, live programmes are fine. Hopefully not an hd problem but a sync problem!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi johnnikki,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your recordings aren't playing back with a good picture.  I will be happy to check this out for you.

I have checked your box remotely and looked at the hard drive status, there is indeed some errors there that would disrupt your recordings.

I will arrange for an engineer to call round and fix this for you.  All the details will be in a private message, look for the envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
27melton
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I've got exactly the same problem. Do I need an engineer come round at some point. Colette how did you sort this?

0 Kudos
27melton
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry about the name mistake, Collette.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi 27melton,

Welcome to our community Smiley Happy  

I'm sorry to hear that you're also getting trouble with recorded playback, I'll be happy to have a look at this for you and see if you need an engineer.  

I have checked your box remotely and the TiVo® is showing 'offline' currently.  Can you please confirm if the box is on or off at the time of this post?  Once checked, I can help further.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
tarnecki
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Virgin support, i have the same issue with my old virgin recording box. it only happens on playback of the recorded items otherwise seems fine. We're talking stuttering & loosing sound. Please assist? Thanks.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi tarnecki,

Thanks for posting!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your V+ box.

It sounds like it may be an issue with the hard drive in the box. I've run a diagnostic on the equipment and I can also see an issue with the Input Signal level that will need to be adjusted.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange for a technician to take a look at it for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh