Menu
clayts450
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Stuck in reboot loop

I was going to report a hard drive fault with my TiVo this morning (recordings are virtually unwatchable at present, live TV is fine) but have found the little fella is stuck in a constant reboot loop this morning. I had the software update last week so don't think it's related to that.

I unplugged the box from the mains for a minute or so, and the box seemed to settle down, although I got a 501 message and it appears all my recordings and series links (and user preferences) had all been reset. Not a problem as there were only a few recordings on there, not life or death.

Managed to set a recording for tonight (for what it's worth) and powered off. Now a few minutes later the box is back in the reboot cycle.

Help ! I assume I'll need a box swap out for the hard drive fault anyway.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Stuck in reboot loop

Hello clayts450,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I have located your account and I can see a technician has already been booked for this so please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
clayts450
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, thanks - all sorted out now. New box fitted as anticipated.

Many thanks to Chris the technician - great bloke.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant news

Thanks for taking the time to let me know clats450, we'll be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Apologies again for the inconvenience it caused, take care.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos