Menu
syxiepoo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Streaming from V6 to Tivo+

Just had a V6 box installed and retained my Tivo+ box.  My wi-fi between the two locations is poor, and setup of the V6 box kept failing (the Tivo+ works fine in the same location)  Having tried a few wi-fi "fixes", I failed to fix it!  Prior to installing a long E'net cable, I now want to stream from the V6 box (now in my Study next to the Router etc.) to the Tivo+ (still in my lounge).  I've named each box, but am not finding how to complete this setup.  Is there something else that I need to do on each box?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Streaming from V6 to Tivo+

Each box requires both a co-ax connection to the cable network and a connection to your Superhub.

TiVo has no wifi capability and must be connected either by direct Ethernet cable to your Superhub or by powerline adapters.

V6 does have wifi capability so has three potential connection mechanisms.

How is each box currently connected?

0 Kudos
syxiepoo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ernie_C.  I got the impression that the Tivo+ had internet built in, but I guess that's over the coax?

The V6 is connected via coax in the study (old set-top box removed) and is connecting to my network via wi-fi (very close to the router etc.)  It's working perfectly with an HDMI-connected TV.

The Tivo+ is connected purely by the primary coax in the lounge.

I presume that the Tivo+ is not connected in any way to my network, which does leave a bit of a gap in my setup, I guess.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes, TiVo does have its own internet connection via the co-ax but needs an address (192.168.0.xx) on your home network.

You will need to connect it to your Superhub by direct Ethernet cable or powerline adapters to be able to use multiroom streaming (MRS).

0 Kudos
syxiepoo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ernie_C.  I got the impression that the Tivo+ had internet built in, but I guess that's over the coax?

The V6 is connected via coax in the study (old set-top box removed) and is connecting to my network via wi-fi (very close to the router etc.)  It's working perfectly with an HDMI-connected TV.

The Tivo+ is connected purely by the primary coax in the lounge.

I presume that the Tivo+ is not connected in any way to my network, which does leave a bit of a gap in my setup, I guess.

Have just ordered a 30M Cat7 flat cable and also a NetGear E'net switch so that I can eventually link the two boxes.  Wish me luck.

(Apologies for the repeat text at start of this post).

0 Kudos