Menu
blreng
Tuning in
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Streaming between Tivo V6 and a Tivo Box

I have just spoken to VM about using my old Tivo box in another room when a V6 Box is installed at my present Coaxial Feed Point.

I was surprised to be told that in order to stream content (recordings and live tv) to the second box, I would need to have another Coaxial Feed supplied to the second box even after linking the two boxes by way of ethernet cables through the Superhub. in fact for every additional box a Coaxial feed is required.

The VM Help Videos make no reference to this requirement and feel that VM are misleading existing customers into thinking multi room viewing is oh so simple.

Has anyone else been told this alarming fact.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: Streaming between Tivo V6 and a Tivo Box

You may have been surprised but it has always been clear that every Virgin Media set top box requires a co-ax connection.

0 Kudos
blreng
Tuning in
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Not so clear.
I am sure customers upgrading are not aware that their recordings are going to be lost, unless they pay an undefined amount of money for the privilege of connecting two boxes together.
None of VM's help videos mention this essential fact.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

blreng wrote:
Not so clear.
I am sure customers upgrading are not aware that their recordings are going to be lost, unless they pay an undefined amount of money for the privilege of connecting two boxes together.
None of VM's help videos mention this essential fact.

If you get a new box they take the old one away, the fact that none of virgins boxes will boot without a network connection and a valid account is not a well kept secret, the unidentified amount of money would be £5 per month (that's the standard extra box charge)

0 Kudos
blreng
Tuning in
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I was informed there is also a monthly charge of £7.50 for an extra co-ax feed, that makes it £12.50 per month, but VM fails to point this out.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

blreng wrote:

I was informed there is also a monthly charge of £7.50 for an extra co-ax feed, that makes it £12.50 per month, but VM fails to point this out.

That is incorrect I have no idea where these figures came from

0 Kudos
blreng
Tuning in
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Exactly VM are not quoting anything , we are relying on rumours.

The £7.50 was quoted on phone by VM today.

0 Kudos
amarkr2000
Dialled in
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I think the 7.50 is from the latest rates for new sign ups - see below the options page for signing up to Full House Bundle (200meg BB Full House TV with V6 box and weekend phone) and adding a second v6 (NO OPTION for classic tivo as main box or second box instead)

Capture.JPG

It makes a mockery of the statement by the chief officer David Bouchier on launch of the new box that there would be NO additional charges and would not be complex see below from the press release;

Capture.JPG

Come on - start delivering on the hype surrounding this otherwise people will look elsewhere.

Mark

0 Kudos
sidsewell
Dialled in
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

No additional charges for me, I currently have 2 Tivo's - replacing them with 2 V6 boxes means my monthly subscription goes down (slightly)

amarkr2000 wrote:

I think the 7.50 is from the latest rates for new sign ups - see below the options page for signing up to Full House Bundle (200meg BB Full House TV with V6 box and weekend phone) and adding a second v6 (NO OPTION for classic tivo as main box or second box instead)

Capture.JPG

It makes a mockery of the statement by the chief officer David Bouchier on launch of the new box that there would be NO additional charges and would not be complex see below from the press release;

Capture.JPG

Come on - start delivering on the hype surrounding this otherwise people will look elsewhere.

Mark

and my second box capacity upped by 100%. I did have to pay upfront for both boxes albeit £49.95 each and not full cost. £14.99 for installation.

0 Kudos
blreng
Tuning in
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I can't think why I am considering keeping a snail pace TIVO.

Re: TIVO V6 : I dare say come next year a competitor will come up with a gizmo to emulate what VM are doing with iPad/tablet feed (anyroom) to be able watch the VM feed on a second TV. My initial complaint was that I will able to carry an iPad from room to room, but I cannot feed a second TIVO/TV  installation in another room without having a second Co-ax feed? So the signals are on the home network already, but VM are not making good use of them.

0 Kudos