Menu
Krizztoff
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Story of 2 boxes. Tivo

We have 1 box in the living room and 1 in the bedroom. The difference between the 2 is astounding. I no longer bother with the one downstairs as if you click any of the program buttons it takes forever. Ive rang customer services and they say its fine.

Compare it to the one upstairs, that has no delay, doesnt get hung up and is on the same system I fail to see how its OK. It cleary shouldnt be a pain in the ass.

So what are my options, Im paying for a box that is so bloody annoying I hardly bother to use it anymore.

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Story of 2 boxes. Tivo

I'm guessing you've tried the obvious Things? Check all the cables are tight then give it a reboot. May help. May not

other than that I'd insist on an engineers visit. Mine is slow too but it's old and I'm waiting for the new box later on this year. Yes it's incredibly frustrating (I was also told there were no problems) but I'll nurse it for now. 

0 Kudos
Krizztoff
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yep, done all the normal things, box is a waste of effort. If there is a newer one coming out this year I will get one of them.

0 Kudos
adrianm758
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You could try doing a 'clear and delete everything' from the Help & Settings menu. Of course you'll lose all your recordings on the box but if you never use it anyway then that shouldn't be too much of a loss.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Krizztiff Smiley Happy

Thank you for coming in and posting your comments Smiley Happy

I am sorry to read that one of the TiVo boxes hasn't been looking to good on the response. I would love to help and would like to ask if you can take a look inside your 'Inbox'. 

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and have a great day.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos