Menu
norskyorkie
Up to speed
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Starnge Tivo behaviour between 8 and 12 pm.

For the last couple of days my Tivo has worked fine until about 8 pm, I then get long waits changing pages and the spinning circle for many seconds if I try and watch a recorded programme or delete one when I've watch it.

Tonight also when I selected a programme to watch the spinning circle ran and I got a C501 error, after several tries it did play, this happened on couple more recording.

At around midnight after watching the last recording on both nights everything was back to normal, pages changed fast, programmes played quickly and there was no spinning circle.

I'd be interested to know what on earth is going on as this does not appear to be a failing box.

Oops, just looked at the status page and Virgin know about the C501 error but this doesn't explain last night when C501 didn't appear or the problems happening only between 8 pm and 12 pm

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Starnge Tivo behaviour between 8 and 12 pm.

Suspect it's over utilisation in your area. Ie that's peak time and everyone is using the network. Just a guess. To be sure you'd need to ring in though. 

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Fortunately I have never really experienced problems with over utilisation although we had better not go in to the other issues at this point, but last night was a series of strange happenings.

Initially I had to call 150 as the Wi-Fi was non-existent although a service was available, albeit slowly, via wired. It was finally resolved but I have absolutely no idea what the VM rep was telling me about it. He was obviously annoyed that I could not understand him.

But between 20:00 and later, I had all sorts of problems on my Tivo trying to set up and change planned recordings now that VM had deigned to give us an EPG again. Not only did I have spinning circles but, when trying to change the details of planned recordings, it would hang forever and then fall back to the Planned Recordings menu. I eventually gave up.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
barrylowry
Superfast
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I too had a strange TIVO last night. Everytime i Played a recording I got the donnut and eventually it would play, but no C type error was displayed. Then at about 11:00 everything froze and the TIVO rebooted and i got the starting up message, after a while half the screen went green and pixelated so I took the plug out of the wall and waited a few minutes before plugging in again. This time the reboot went okay and everything was normal again. Not the sort of thing you want to have to sort out just before bed, particuarly on a day VM sent me an email saying I have to fork out  another £3.49 from November. 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi I also had very slow responses to access recordings last night, have just checked now lot better but still a bit slow, I'm hoping Virgin will get it right soon, as "improvements" take time to bed in. Regards Micky.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, 

We were aware of an issue where some customers were unable to access certain TiVo® features last night, See our post here.

This issue has now been resolved. Should you still be experiencing an issue, please reboot the TiVo® and let me know if things are still causing you grief. 

Apologies once again. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
norskyorkie
Up to speed
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Last night, Wednesday, I only had one spinning circle.

Started playing a recording of Tales of the Unexpected at 7:55, no problems, ended at 8:20, spinning circle, tried to delete, same thing, it went after 30 seconds, started another episode, perfect, no more problems all night, very weird.

Fingers crossed for tonight.

0 Kudos
sgt
Up to speed
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

This isn't just last night it's been every night since last Saturday.

Constant fixed times have past the service works for a few hours come the evening off it goes again.

It's turned the TiVo box into a bloody expensive program guide.

0 Kudos
sgt
Up to speed
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

• It hasn't been resolved.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi norskyorkie,

Thanks for your post on the Forum. I'm sorry to hear that your TiVo has been displaying odd behaviour. Are you still having problems with this?

I've had a look at this for you and ran testing to your TiVo. I can see a problem with the hard-drive that requires an engineer visit to resolve.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos