Menu
Imjustakid14
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Standy by on a night

Hi newby here. We've just got a new TiVo box today. I was just wondering is it in standby mode all night? Just bit worried about it getting hot over night. As it is already warm. Also sorry if this is in the wrong section
Thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Standy by on a night

Imjustakid14 wrote:
Hi newby here. We've just got a new TiVo box today. I was just wondering is it in standby mode all night? Just bit worried about it getting hot over night. As it is already warm. Also sorry if this is in the wrong section
Thanks

Welcome to the Forum, this is the right section.

You can choose your standby settings from the settings menu: Home >
Help & Settings > Settings > Devices >
Power Saving Settings.

There should have been a user manual with your new box.  If the installer/self install pack didn't provide one then you can download it here: https://my.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virgoBrowse/docs/TiVo_quick_guide.pdf

Make sure you have plenty of ventilation around your TiVo box.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

....or you can just press the handy Standby button on the TiVo remote before you go to bed.

0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Talking about standby - before the update, the television had a usual blank blue screen with the message -No Signal. Since the update, when in standby there is no message and the screen is black. Does this indicate that a signal from the box is transmitting even in standby mode?
0 Kudos