Menu
brightonjohn
Superfast
Message 1 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Spotify never signs in

thought I'd try my premium Spotify account on the TiVo but despite it accepting my user name and password it then just sits there saying Signing in with the white lines going around. Is the app broken and when can we expect a fix for this?

0 Kudos
minimart
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Spotify hangs while loading

For the last couple of days when I've tried to access the Spotify app on my Tivo, it starts to load then stays on "loading" indefinitely. I've rebooted everything but Spotify still won't load

Tags (3)
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spotify never signs in

Hi brightonjohn,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to use Spotify via the TiVo® at the moment.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

I have carried out some initial checks, the box is showing as 'offline' at the moment.  Can you please tell me if the box is turned off at the time of this post?

Also do you have any issues using BBC iPlayer/Netflix or YouTube?  Let me know and I can help further.

Keep me posted.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
brightonjohn
Superfast
Message 4 of 50
Flag for a moderator

The box is always on.

Netflix, YouTube and BBC iPlayer work OK.

Just Spotify that sits there saying signing in and then never does.

I've also now re-booted the box and that doesn't help either. It knows if I get the user name or password wrong but simply refuses to complete signing in when they are correct. 

0 Kudos
Sandgrounder01
Tuning in
Message 5 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Spotify App on Tivo

I am unable to log onto spotify on either of my Tivo boxes. Is there a known problem or does the problem lie with my boxes?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spotify hangs while loading

Hi minimart

I'm sorry to learn about the problems with your Spotify service through the TiVo box.

I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end for you, we're not seeing any issues being detected at the moment and there are no reported problems in your local area. 

Would you be able to try the following:

• Press Home on your TiVo remote
  • Select Help & Settings.
  • Choose Settings.
  • Select Network.
  • Select Connect to Virgin Service now'

After trying that, reboot the set top box and give it another go. If you're still not able to get into Spotify then get in touch and I'll look to escalate this for you.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Hi brightonjohn,

Thanks for your quick reply Smiley Happy

Can you please carry out a service connection with the box for me please?  If you follow these steps:

HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > SETTINGS > NETWORK > CONNECT TO MY VIRGIN SERVICE NOW

This process will take a few minutes normally but can take up to 40 minutes if it has a lot to update.  Also it is best to do this when the box isn't recording as this will disrupt any recordings you are making at that time.

If you can carry this out and re-try the Spotify App and let me know if this has helped fix the issue.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
brightonjohn
Superfast
Message 8 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I've done all of that and I'm back where I started with the signing in symbol wizzing around but never completing.

0 Kudos
orions
Tuning in
Message 9 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, i have got the same problem, it has been 3 days now just saying signing in, very annoying.

0 Kudos
minimart
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spotify hangs while loading

Thanks Craig, I've tried that but Spotify still won't load. Other apps (I-player, YouTube and Netflix) all work fine.

0 Kudos