Menu
Chloeb13
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Spotify app disappeared

Where and why has Spotify gone off my TiVo box and why haven't I been informed of the changes.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spotify app disappeared

There has been a message in front of the Spotify app for the last several weeks advising that was due to be removed.

More details on the change has also been posted here https://my.virginmedia.com/customer-news/articles/tivo-app-updates.html
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
barrylowry
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spotify app disappeared

The spotify App has been dropped from TIVO because it will be incompatable with the forthcoming  software update and  Spotify do not have or will not produce a compatible version.

As for being told about it, well whenever I used Spotify via TIVO in the last week or so  a big message has appeared on screen telling me its leaving TIVO from July and there have been  treads about it on here and spotify Forums.

Its a great shame and as usual the customer comes off worse, it really is about time some standards were imposed for all  these type of Apps so they could be  really multi platform as oppsed to the half-baked  situation we have now

I am now using my NOW-TV box for spotify and it loads faster and is a much better App than the TIVO version.

0 Kudos