Menu
DFCLee
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Speeding up Tivo Box?

Hello, After about 8 months with Virgin Media, we have noticed in the last few weeks our 2 Tivo boxes have gone very very slow when clicking off Apps, onto Menu's, selecting channels etc etc... We thought it might be something to do with the amount of programmes we had recorded, so we removed everything we had watched and weren't about to watch, and we are currently at 10% full, but yet, the boxes are still shockingly slow.

Does anyone know of any way at all possible to speed them up to when we first got them?

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speeding up Tivo Box?

Could be a signal related problem. The Forum Team here should be able to run some tests on your box remotely & find out if that is the case.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
DFCLee
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

nodrogd wrote:

Could be a signal related problem. The Forum Team here should be able to run some tests on your box remotely & find out if that is the case.

Thank you, How do I contact them? Will they pick this thread up? Or is there something I need to fill in and flag up to them?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

They should respond to this thread in a few days. If you are posting using your VM broadband connection, then they can pick up your details from that. If they need any further info they will use the Private Messaging system to ask for it.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
chris_cardiff
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am experiencing this issue also, painfully slow lag between screens. Have you switched the TiVo box off and on again to see if this resolves the issue?

0 Kudos
DFCLee
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

chris_cardiff wrote:

I am experiencing this issue also, painfully slow lag between screens. Have you switched the TiVo box off and on again to see if this resolves the issue?

Yep, that was one of the first things I did, however, didn't help what so ever.

0 Kudos
mbonnick
Rising star
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I wouldn't hold your breath with it being a signal problem, although I'm sure they will find something to blame it on.

The Tivo boxes cannot cope with what they are being asked to do.  The hardware is out of date and needs replacing.  The number of people complaining of slow boxes on here is testament to this.  Mine like yours is woefully slow at pretty much everything, despite being rebooted weekly.

0 Kudos