Menu
rachel1977
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Soundbar connection

I have just bought a new soundbar how to hook up to my tivo, tv and dvd player I have 3 HDMI ports and and Optical cable Sound bar connection please help 

0 Kudos
Olly
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Soundbar connection

I'm not too savvy on sound stuff but I had to get a soundbar as my new tv's speakers were rubbish. I connected it to the TV,  then the sound from everything else that is also connected to the TV comes thru the soundbar. 

If your TV has an Optical input just connect the soundbar to that. If it doesn't you'll have to use the other method.. can't recall name but it's the headphone socket thingy. . it's the one I use so I can use my tivo remote to control the Tv volume  and mute button as it doen't work with my soundbar

Sorry not that much help, am sure some more techy person will come on and make more sense Smiley Wink.

0 Kudos
adrianm758
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Soundbar connection

By far the best way, if your soundbar has the capability, is to take the hdmi out the tivo into the soundbar, and out of the soundbar into the tv. You'll avoid a lot of issues with the optical audio out interface on the TiVo. Also if you're lucky then doing it this way you might benefit from CEC between the soundbar and the TV (ie. TV and soundbar switch on and off in sync rather than independently.)

0 Kudos