Menu
BigDel
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sound

I have fitted a LOGIK sound bar with wireless subwoofer L32SWLB14 I can get sounds for all the channels with the exception of HD channels ........ why ......... can anybody help at all ??>??>>?

0 Kudos
ianp888
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound

I've been having a problem with dolby digital on HD channels for the last 6 months or so.  This is especially when recording rather than live broadcasts.  The solution I found was to go to the audio settings and change from Dolby Digital to PCM.  You will then recieve sound on the HD channels.  While I'm here, when will Virgin fix the recorded sound issue?????

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
BigDel
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes thanks that has done to job brilliant
0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

To reply to you both I would not say it is a solution you have found more of a way of getting sound but not as good as true dolby you should get with your HD recordings.

This 48 page thread that has been going on for about 6 months details it all http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/No-sound-on-recordings-and-after-pausi...

Ultimately long story short Virgin sent out an update and it was detected a fault before it was rolled out further but they continued to roll the changes out.
The U.S. also had this issue and sorted it in several days and rolled out a new version that fixed it.
Her in Virgin land we still await that and they have even gone to the trouble of removing the fact it should do dolby sound in the specs on the Virgin website after they broke it.
Not fix seems to be in sight.
Ridiculous.
There is a work around with another piece of hardware as mentioned in that thread which if you want true sound then you should go for as the difference is clear. PCM is virgins official 'fix' but it's a fob off really.
0 Kudos