Menu
Liveinabin
Tuning in
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Sound stuttering on BBC4

I'm getting intermittent stuttering in the sound on my TiVo. Only noticed it on BBC4 (though the box is usually on that). I've reset the box but I'm not seeing any improvement. Broadband is fine (well, more than fine at 200mbps!). Anything else I should be trying?
RTD
Joining in
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound stuttering on BBC4

I've had the same problem on BBC4 HD on my V+HD box. The SD channel seems OK. I first noticed it on Thursday and it was the same yesterday.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

That is interesting. I recorded "Britain's Biggest Fibs"  from BBC4 HD at 21:00 on Thursday and watched it yesterday. There was a definite stutter throughout the recording.

This was on a V6 and I have watched other recordings without any issues, including another recording from the same time slot on ITV. Possibly a problem specific to BBC4 HD.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

My parents recorded "The Good Old Days" on BBC4HD on friday night & also said to sound was dropping out when they played it back (V+HD box)..

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
zerodbs
Dialled in
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Same problem on a recording of Arena made in the early hours of this morning.

0 Kudos
mphippen
Dialled in
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Yep, definitely getting this here too on the HD channel (163). Watched History's Biggest Fibs and an '83 TOTP recorded this week and both with sound issues. Have got The Young Montalbano on right now and it's still doing it.

Any chance of a fix, Virgin?
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Sat down earlier to watch Roots, recorded Wednesday evening on BBC4. Before it started I told my partner about this thread and the recording I watched yesterday. Almost as soon as the programme started we noticed the stuttering.

I stopped the recording and went to the iPlayer instead. We were able to watch the programme without any stuttering so it may be an issue with the path between the BBC and Virgin.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
RobertPeveler
Joining in
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Trying to watch Wagner Rheingold on BBC4 HD tonight and sound absolutely appalling - unwatchable.

Had same issue last week with recorded programmes from BBC4 HD.

I will be phoning VM tomorrow, and seeking bill discount (yet again).

Given what this now costs, I think the service is absolutely terrible and very poor value for money.

0 Kudos
longwayround
Joining in
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Same here. Roots, TOTP2, Wagner's Ring cycle. Only on BBC 4 HD. I've not tried SD.

0 Kudos
Brizza
Tuning in
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Tried to watch 'The Sky at Night' on BBC4 HD - stutters several times a minute .... most annoying

Anyone from Virgin care to comment??

0 Kudos