Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5 (79 Views)

Sound on tv vibrates and echoes

The sound on my tv keeps echoing and sounds like a Dalek from Doctor Who. Please advise how to solve this.

The tv turns itself on in the middle of the night and the volume is very loud- is this to do with the standby mode ?

Thank you
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5 (42 Views)

Re: Sound on tv vibrates and echoes

Hi Nic12,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I would just like a bit more information so if you could answer the following questions.

• Does this happen on a particular channel?
  • Have you tried to use another piece of equipment such as a DVD player to see if the sound is the same?
  • Is the television and the Virgin box both turning on in the middle of the night?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 5 (28 Views)

Hi rose B

The noise interference doesn't seem to be a particular channel. It has happened on several different channels. It's still happening.

I haven't used another piece of equipment and it would be difficult to tell if it also happens via DVD. If I'm watching tv and it happens, it will have stopped by the time I turn on the DVD to check.

I have solved the tv turning on in the night by turning the tv off too.

Thank you
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5 (17 Views)

HI Nic23

Thanks for getting back to me, so just to confirm, you're experiencing this issue intermittently? How long does the sound last? 

Are you using any third party audio equipment like surround sound or sound bars? How have you got your set top box connected to the TV? 

Sorry for all the questions, we want to get to the bottom of this ASAP. 

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 5 (11 Views)

Hi Craig
It probably happens about once every hour.
It lasts for about 30 seconds.

I'm
Not using any third party audio sound. I'm sure how it's connected - the engineer connected it, it's plugged in to the tv at the back of the tv.

I phoned virgin yesterday and they tested the line and I have now turned it off to re boot. I'll test it this evening when I'm home and se if that's helped.

Thank you
0 Kudos