Menu
maximus56
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sound on Film 4 hd

I have recently received a Tivo box and when I watch Film 4 hd the sound is very low. This does not happen on any other channels hd or not. My tv has Dolby Digital built in so I have tried setting with and without this feature and there is no difference. Is there anything I can do?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sound on Film 4 hd

Hi maximus56,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

It can vary between channels but the sound volume can vary between the film/programme and the ads.  If all your audio setting shave been checked out it is most likely down to the broadcast of the programmes/ads.  

Some channels vary more than others.  If you do continue to have any other sound issues or you have a general query, please keep in touch and let us know how you get on.

We're here to help.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Maximus56,

Thank you for your post and welcome in! 

I'm very sorry to read about the low sounds on Film 4HD, that must be annoying. I would like to ask are you seeing this sounds without any sound system and basic settings on the TV?

Stay in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
maximus56
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Ben.
Yes whatever sound setting I try on my TV it makes no difference. I have noticed that when the commercial break comes on on Film 4 hd, the sound gets louder and I have to turn the volume down, so it seems to be only happening when I am watching a film.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Maximus56, 

Thank you for your reply and letting me know what's been done in the home, I really appreciate it.

I would like to ask if you're seeing this not only on Film 4HD but also on other HD channels and SD channels too?

Keep in touch and hope you're having a great Tuesday Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
maximus56
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,
Yeah the problem is only on Film 4 and only while the film is on. The sound gets louder when the ads come on, very strange. I have managed to improve it slightly by setting my TV sound settings to user, but it's not brilliant.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi maximus56,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

It can vary between channels but the sound volume can vary between the film/programme and the ads.  If all your audio setting shave been checked out it is most likely down to the broadcast of the programmes/ads.  

Some channels vary more than others.  If you do continue to have any other sound issues or you have a general query, please keep in touch and let us know how you get on.

We're here to help.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos