Menu
Craig_T
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Sound issues

Hi,

I have a problem when switching from HD to SD or vica versa when using my tivo box via HDMI on a Onkyo amp/reciever.

Basically i loose all sound until i switch inputs on the amp back and forth

Has anyone else come across this issue?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound issues

Hi Craig_T,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing a loss of sound when going form HD/SD.  I will be happy to help check this out for you.

Is this fault still present today?

If so, let me know and I can help further.  I look forward to hearing from you. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Craig_T
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response, it seems to be intermittent strangely sometimes much worse than others.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hey Craig_T (Nice name choice & format Man Wink

Sorry again for the problems you're experiencing with your TV service, I've been able to locate your account and take a closer look at this from our end for you.

Are you experiencing this issue with more than one set top box? You've mentioned the surround sound is connected using HDMI, can you talk me through how it's set up if possible?

We're not detecting any issues with your set top box at the moment, do you find this issue occurs at certain times of the day? 

Look forward to hearing from you and getting to the bottom of this Man Happy

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Craig_T
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

The problem is just with the TIVO box not the other one.

The set top box is plugged directly into the Onkyo amp and then the amp is plugged in to the tv all via hdmi.

It doesn't appear to be a certain time of day just very random.

Sometimes it will be fine for a week and other times its happens on every channel change.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hey Craig_T

Thanks for getting back to me, are you able to look into your settings > audio settings > change to Dolby Digital to PCM?

Could you also test to see if you experience this issue when routing the sound through the TV by using the HDMI cable?

Look forward to hearing from you

craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Craig_T
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have tried the audio settings both ways and both are the same, i have also tried using an optical cable again with the same result.

I only have the issue when using the surround sound kit but i assumed it would be ok to use one with a TIVO box

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hey Craig_T

So to confirm you don't experience the issue when the surround sound isn't plugged in? 

Sorry again for the continued problems, we'll continue to look at this for you

Craig

0 Kudos
Craig_T
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I tend to not use the TV without it plugged in but it seemed to be ok without the surround sound system.

Just for reference the surround sound is an Onkyo HTX-22HDX

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hey Craig_T

Thanks for this information, just to rule out the possibility, have the two HDMI cables between the set top box and amp / amp and TV been checked?

I've not been able to re-create this issue from our end. Do you have freeview built into your TV at all? So we can look to test it through the amp?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

0 Kudos