Menu
Ac2016
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sound drop outs

Hi

i have had the problem with sound dropping out for some time when playing back recordings and have followed advice about setting the sound output to pcm which seemed to work for a while, though it loses surround and quality, I now have the issue with live tv as well. My av equipment is all working ok as I have other equipment plugged in and looking at other forum posts it would seem unlikely my equipment is at fault. 

My TiVo is connected via hdmi. To the tv and the tv is connected to the DTS by optical cable.

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound drop outs

it sounds like its other sound equipment that your using via your tv and tivo its possibble that other equipment is making the sound poor are you using other amplifiers before virgin forum take closer look at tivo for issues ive add similar sound drop outs on recording programmes and tv channels just 1 or 2 channels ive add it thanks ac2016 jonni
0 Kudos
Ac2016
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No. my sound system is good thanks this issue is well known for the last year and a half the forums

0 Kudos
TheRazzaG
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have a similar issue, I don't want to switch to PCM as I have surround sound connected via hdmi throughput, and it does sound much better. I can watch recordings such as walking dead with sound, but weirdly after Ad breaks it cuts out the sound until I stop then resume the recording!
0 Kudos