Menu
tractorboy74
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sound distorting on tivo

My TiVo box has started to distort the sound. This started after my box had to be reset after it refused to play any recorded programmes and we lost all sound. i have changed the HDMI cables and the Audio setting from Dolby digital to pcm, but the problem still occurs.  It doesn't happen when watching the same programmes on freeview. I am using a Samsung tv Any ideas???

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound distorting on tivo

Hi there tractorboy74, 

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing sound distortion via your TiVo®, thank you for letting me know of all the things you've already done to try to rule things out your end. 

I've gone to run some tests on your TiVo®, though it's currently showing as offline, this may be because it's powered off at the moment. Could you please power the TiVo® back on and let me know when this has been done (Leaving the TiVo® in standby is fine)

Many thanks and apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
tractorboy74
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Huw_B wrote:

Hi there tractorboy74, 

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing sound distortion via your TiVo®, thank you for letting me know of all the things you've already done to try to rule things out your end. 

I've gone to run some tests on your TiVo®, though it's currently showing as offline, this may be because it's powered off at the moment. Could you please power the TiVo® back on and let me know when this has been done (Leaving the TiVo® in standby is fine)

Many thanks and apologies again 

Huw

Hi Huw, 

power has has been restored.

andrew

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andrew, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this, I've now run the testing on your Tivo®. 

I don't get any reports of any issues, all signal levels are spot on, and the hard drive is not reporting any issues. I have a further few questions for you, prior to booking a technicain. 

In your initial post, you mentioned that your Freeview doesn't have the sound distortion, Is the Freeview a separate set top box, or is it integrated into your TV?. 

Have you tried the TiVo® plugged into a different HDMI port on your TV?

Do you have any other equipment connected to your TV via HDMI? for example, DVD player, BluRay player or games console.

If you can let me know the answer to the above we can look into getting a technician out for you if need be. 

Many thanks

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
tractorboy74
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huw,

The freeview is integrated. We have a BluRay player connected. The problem is intermittent and as of today it is currently not making the noise. I will wait and see if it returns over the next few days and let you know.

Andrew
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Andrew. 

I've sent you a private message in case we do need to move on with the technician booking. Please look to the top left of this page where you'll see a red envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks 

Huw

0 Kudos