Menu
SimonB1962
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Sound & Purple Screen

Had new V6 Box installed a week ago. Volume is way lower than Freeview Play & Apps on Smart TV. Recordings and some channels have drifting volume (up & down continually). The box audio output is set to PCM & the TV is set to auto. 8-10 times in the past week we have been watching recordings and had the purple screen of death. The only way to restart it is to unplug the system as the remote freezes. Also when stopping recordings we are watching, the remote freezes and we get a continual green flashing light on the remote itself. Not happy at all with the new box as yet. Equipment is as follows.

V6 Box into HDMI 2 (ARC)
LG 55UH950V Smart TV
LG SH8 Soundbar
Linked via QED Optical Cable
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound & Purple Screen

Hello SimonB1962,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to learn you're experiencing problems with your V6 box.

What I would like to do here is to send out one of our engineers to check things over so I'm just going to send you a private message with appointment times which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound & Purple Screen

Hi SimonB1962,

Thanks for getting back to me, I have replied back publicly to help others experiencing the same problem.

Does the volume change higher and lower while you're watching TV or is it when you swap between On Demand and apps?

The volume will be different on the freeview built into you television because the volume you set  while watching Virgin TV is for the V6 box.

You may notice a little change in volume on the HD channels and adverts in between programs too but these are set by the broadcasters so we're unable to change this.

My main concern is if the volume is fluctuating while you're watching a program as we may need to arrange for a technician.

Speak to you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos