Menu
DaveMill
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Sound & Picture out of sync

Since moving over from Sky a couple of months ago I have noticed the picture and sound are often out of sync. It's not all channels and not all programmes but it does seem to be HD Channels that are affected. Is there a problem with my box or is this a feature of Virgin? On reading some of the past posts I fear the latter. Also the sound quality is worse in HD...it's a lot quieter and seems muffled some what, have to crank the volume up to near max. Is there a solution to this problem?

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sound & Picture out of sync

Hi DaveMill,

I have done a few checks from here and can see we need to send an engineer to get this fixed for you.

I have sent you a private message with details of your appointment.

Regards,

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Raaboo
Tuning in
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi,

just a a tip for anyone using a surround sound system as we had all pictures and sound out of sync, especially HD channels.

we had the surround sound connected to the TV, and the TiVo connected to the surround sound, which then fed to the TV. An instant fix for us was to move the HDMI cable so that it went in to the TV instead of the surround sound, and then kept the surround sound in 'TV' mode - bingo! Full surround sound but no lag in voices and everything perfectly in sync.  The Asian this happens with some surround sound systems is because the surround sound decodes and processes everything before passing the signal to the TV, and as the surround sound can process the HD sound quicker than the picture, the. You will often get a lag.  So if you have a lag in audio or picture sync, plug the HDMI straight in to the TV instead!

All Replies
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

You need to post details on how you listen to the audio - via optical or HDMI to an amp, or via tv?

On my setup - the Sky volume level is also quieter than everything else - which is a common Sky complaint.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
stagshead
Joining in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

We had/have the same problem. Engineer came and changed tivo box and tweaked everything but C4HD is still really bad and BBC1 Hd not much better. We had problems with C5HD but that is not so bad now. Still waiting for a resolution but I expect them to send an engineer out. Keep checking your inbox on here as one of the forum hepler will arrange an engineer visit.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi DaveMill,

I have done a few checks from here and can see we need to send an engineer to get this fixed for you.

I have sent you a private message with details of your appointment.

Regards,

0 Kudos
DaveMill
Tuning in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Problem resolved...guy came round reset some settings and replaced a do-dar at the back of the thingy and seems to have done the trick. Maybe it wastnt installed correctly, it was a sunny Saturday afternoon after all.....
0 Kudos
sickbullet
Tuning in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I didn't want to start a new thread I have exactly the same issue since upgrading to the XL package, it seems to be ITV 2 3 4 Hd channels mostly and Comedy Central HD is a bit out.

I would be grateful if staff could have a looks thanks..
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi sickbullet,

I'm sorry to hear that you to are getting these issues.

Checking your account your signal levels are out which maybe why you are having issues. I'd like to book an engineer for you. I have sent you a PM to arrange this Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Digger1950
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Very interesting. I decided to look on here after we'd just viewed a recorded item on our Tivo box. My wife has always complained of the voices being out of sync, and she's correct. We're now watching the remembrance service from the RAH live, and it's still slightly out. Also, when watching recorded items (often HD) we really have to turn the volume up. Do we have a similar problem which needs a visit to resolve it? Thanks.  John.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

Sorry to learn about the problems with your set top box, I'd like to run a few checks on the TiVo to see if we're detecting any issues from our end at the moment. I've sent you  a private message requesting some information so I can do that.

You can view the private message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

hud316
Tuning in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have the exact same issues as the poster and another poster (sorry I thought the thread would pop up when I went to input a response)

My HD channels are out of sync and the sound is very feint.

Forum Team can you do a check on my set top box to see if you are detecting the same issues as the other posters?

Cheers

0 Kudos