Menu
trebor1234
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sort out the Midnight to 2am slow TiVo issues

I've had the TV/Broadband/Phone package since 2002 when it was owned by Telewest and now with Virgin Media. In that time, the one continuously annoying 'feature' of the TV package is the 2 hours every evening between midnight and 2am that the TV becomes very slow and sluggish.

Trying to use the On-demand features during these two hours is almost a waste of time. Fast forwarding or rewinding doesn't work, many programmes don't load properly, and sometimes the picture freezes and crashes.

I have found that pulling the plug out of the wall and allowing the set top box to get a proper power down reset, stops the issue, but after 5000+ days of having this problem, I am hoping that Virgin can fix this nightly issue.

I was once told that its due to software updates that are done every night, so if that is the case, couldn't you move the updates to later in the night, say from 3am to 5am or just stop doing it, or speed up the updates?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sort out the Midnight to 2am slow TiVo issues

You mean the V+HD box not the tivo, yes it's caused by EPG updates and they've never changed the time despite numerous complaints

0 Kudos
trebor1234
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I have the V+ HD Box, not a TiVo.

So, if I change to the TiVo would this issue go away?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

trebor1234 wrote:

Yes, I have the V+ HD Box, not a TiVo.

So, if I change to the TiVo would this issue go away?

Yes the tivo updates differently and isn't brought to a halt by an EPG update

0 Kudos