Menu
tonyriviere
Joining in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Some Sky HD movie channels not working or heavily pixelated

I have reported this issue 3 times over the last 3 weeks and had two seperate engineer visits, my boxes tested, nodes looked at, street cable replaced, HDMI cable rerouted, changed, etc but...

Both my TiVo boxes are having problems with the same Sky Movie HD channels 436, 437, 438, 439. Either heavily pixelated/frozen or not displaying at all. I can access all the individual films from these channels via On Demand Sky Movies. 

I reported the problem again this morning and was told that the problem would be rectified within 24hrs and no need for an engineer, which I have zero confidence in and I told the customer services assistant that. 

Every time I phone we go through reboot, remote checking, reciting/identifying the individual channel numbers (hey, they haven't changed!) and nothing changes and I am fed up with having to chase this up. After the work was done outside nobody asked or phoned to see whether the problem had gone away. 

It's not the end of the world but I feel that HD reception on other channels (ITV, I'm looking at you) is below par too.

if it wasn't for the super speed broadband I'd be off to Sky. 

0 Kudos
tonyriviere
Joining in
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Some Sky HD movie channels not working or heavily pixelated

And sure enough the problem persists.

0 Kudos
tonyriviere
Joining in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

And now phoned for a 5th time. I cannot understand why just 4 channels would be affected and all Sky Movies HD. This doesn't affect Sky Movies SD.
0 Kudos
tonyriviere
Joining in
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Finally fixed. Problem at HQ.

Why on earth this couldn't have been ascertained in the first place.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi tonyriviere, 

I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing picture quality issues and also that you have had trouble getting the fault reported to us.

It is great to hear it is working ok now for you.  

The Forum Team are here to help anytime you need us.  We aim to respond as soon as we can but can take up to a couple of days to get back to you, if the post is bumped then this can delay things.  

We're here if you need us. 

Keep in touch. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
tonyriviere
Joining in
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.

0 Kudos
tonyriviere
Joining in
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

This problem has returned twice now.

It's not my box or anything at my end. Successive engineers have talked about problems with "the cabinet" or some substation (I'm not sure of the terminology.

Currently I cannot watch the following HD Sky Movie Channels: 436,437,438,439. No other channel is affected and this issue affects both my boxes. The reception is pixelated to the point of being unwatchable.

Every time I phone the contact number I get run through the same rigmarole as if I had never reported the fault before. Turn on and off, try different cables etc and I am so frustrated because invariably I am told that the problem will be solved within 24 hours and the person answering the call thinks I am being snippy.

I pay £126 a month for my service and I cannot get any help as when an engineer comes they say they will deal with it, or they have changed the nodes or whatever and when it doesn't work I then have to start the whole process again. I haven't had those 4 channels for 6 months now and I don't want to phone the centre again for the same mindless rigmarole.

Help me please!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi tonyriviere,

Thanks for posting.

I'm very sorry you're having the same problem with the Sky Movies HD channels. I can see how this is annoying you especially with it being ongoing for such a long time.

I've managed to locate your account to run some tests. At the moment I'm not detecting any problems with signal levels.

As this has been almost 5 months since it was last looked at by an engineer that's where I'd have to start.

I'll now send you a private message to discuss further. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
tonyriviere
Joining in
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thank you 

0 Kudos
tonyriviere
Joining in
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

An initial visit by a very helpful and informative engineer worked.

Flicked through the HD movie channels just now and the problem has returned. 

I'm fed up now.  

0 Kudos