Menu
Cazmc
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Software update

Last night between 7 - 9 our TiVo box kept resetting by itself. At the lat rest a message came up that a software update had been done. The screen was zoomed in. Later when going to watch something we had taped we saw that all our recordings and series links had been deleted. Has anyone else had this
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Software update

Hi Cazmc,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm deeply sorry to hear all your recordings and series links have disappeared following the software update. This is not something we like to hear as the update is designed to not affect these things.

Have you checked the deleted folder? (My Shows > Recently Deleted).

Have you also powered the TiVo® box off and back on again? This should get all your recordings back.

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Cazmc
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No they re not in the deleted folder. It has been switched off since and nothing has returned. We had hrs if recordings on the box many that we wanted to keep.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

1st things 1st, there is no software update roll out at the moment, if there was it wouldn't be scheduled to hit boxes at 7pm, it sounds like the tivo boot sector failed and the box re downloaded the software and reformatted the drive, this would indicate your hard drive may be on the way out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cazmc,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry to hear that you're recordings have been lost, this isn't good to hear. 

I have taken a look at your box remotely and all looks fine here, there doesn't appear to be any errors with the hard drive status so far.

Sadly, if the recordings aren't in the deleted folder and a reboot hasn't brought them back, they won't be recoverable.  I'm sorry if that's not the news you were looking to hear.

In order to prevent this from happening again I would like to arrange for an engineer to call out and check the box out, if necessary, replace the box for you.  If you'd like me to arrange this, let me know and I can get the ball rolling.

I look forward to hearing from you. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos