Menu
CBR45
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So so so slow.....

How was this allowed to happen??

The TiVo Box has never what you could call quick, not compared to Sky's Box. Upgrade after upgrade has only made this worse, and now I am left with a box that seems to be running Windows 98, the latest upgrade has killed it.

If I want to watch something from My Recordings I expect to press play and have it play, not wait 10 - 15 seconds for anything to happen. Playing a video tape would be quicker!

And trying to use the planner isn't much better. So so laggy. I have time to sit and wait for things to happen don't I!

I can often spend up to 15 seconds staring at the interface wallpaper with no text, no picture, no sound.

And don't get me started on BBC Red Button. I've tried to use this a lot for the Olympics. Press red, go make a cup of tea. It takes about 20 seconds for the little timer wheel to appear, then another 10 or so it so say loading, another 10 and the Red Button page pops up. But if I go to Freeview the Red Button is instantaneous. So where does this problem lye? I wonder.

Oh, and let's not mention that you can't put the box in stand by and more. Why not I hear you ask? Because if you do nothing in your series links will record. The box will tell you that you have a power failure. Useful huh? Leaves me speechless to be honest.

I reported it Virgin. I was told a needed to reboot my box every week. Wow. I rebooted it. Made it a little quicker. But not the Red Button. Week later it's back to needing a written notification that I will need it to do something.

How can this be called an upgrade. How can an upgrade this riddled be permitted to be released on the unsuspecting public??

I genuinely think my TiVo box is the most frustrating piece of technology in my house.

As soon as my contract is up I'm off to Sky. They are cheaper and the kit does what it's suppose to. And my that I mean it actually works.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: So so so slow.....

Hi CBR45

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account to run some tests on this from our end for you, we're not seeing any issues with your box at the moment although I can see it's been turned on for quite some time. Are you able to reboot the box after reading this message so I can take a more in depth look at the recent logs?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
CBR45
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Craig

Hmm, that's odd, I spoke to a colleague of yours two days ago who ran some tests and told me my hard drive had a problem.

It was also rebooted at that time, so it's only been on two days.

Amazingly how two different people can find such different results.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey CBR45

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, I'm not seeing any issues with your hard drive at the moment as well as it not affecting the overall speed of your box. That being said, all I want to do is help to get this issue resolved as soon as possible so I'm sorry for the confusion!

From taking a look into your account rather than testing the box, I can see that an appointment has been arranged, I'm glad to see that this is going to be looked at in more detailMan Happy

I'd love to hear how it goes and we'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
CBR45
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Craig

The engineer is coming to install a new box due to the problem with the hard drive that your colleague was adamanant that I had.

But from what you say, my box is fine and it doesn't sound as if a replacement will resolve the issue. All that will happen is that I will lose all the recordings on my current box.

I know you are trying to help but this just adds to the frustration.
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

CBR45 wrote:
Thanks Craig

The engineer is coming to install a new box due to the problem with the hard drive that your colleague was adamanant that I had.

But from what you say, my box is fine and it doesn't sound as if a replacement will resolve the issue. All that will happen is that I will lose all the recordings on my current box.

I know you are trying to help but this just adds to the frustration.

Been there, done it. My problem has been due to everything from HDD issues, signal issues, my home environment and three months and six engineer visits later I am no further forward.

Best of luck!

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
CBR45
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Frank.

Fobbed off??

BT TV doesn't look too shabby. Think I may be heading their way.
0 Kudos