Menu
Cmonkey
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So slow TiVo, might have to give Sky Q a go.

I've been with Vergin for many years and on the whole I've been very happy with the survace. So it's with a heavy heart that I feel that I may have to move to sky. The TiVo box has always had its niggles, but now it has become vertually unusable. Every day there's a new issue whether it be just being extreamly slow, the sound not sinking up with the picture or 'today's problem' not being allowed to record shows. I know it's not the box as I have two of them and it's happening to both. So please Mr/miss Vergin media, give us an update to sort out my problems or a Virgin Q box that can handle your new series link+ update

Helpful Answers
Timbo_UK
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: So slow TiVo, might have to give Sky Q a go.

Just leave for sky Q. I did. There's some cracking deals available if you ring them up. There are still some issues that are being fixed, but in general it's great!

All Replies
Timbo_UK
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just leave for sky Q. I did. There's some cracking deals available if you ring them up. There are still some issues that are being fixed, but in general it's great!
m0j00
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I did the same a couple of months ago. Never looked back.

It's great to have a very fast box again and haven't missed any of the TIvo functions

My Services:
TiVo - 1TB & VHD 0GB, TV XL, BB XXL, Phone XL
loc: NG15 Superhub: R30 TiVo: 15.3-RC5-VMC-2-C00
Services Status
1TB TiVo 0GB VHD BB XXL Phone XL
Thanks for the sig ideas PrinterElf, Grumpy_Trucker.

timbs32
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I have just thrown in the towel for Sky Q.  They do indeed have some really good offers atm. 

I think it is good to change providers every now and again.

There is no customer loyalty.

Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cmonkey Smiley Happy

Thank you for coming in and posting, I'm sorry to read that you're thinking of leaving us.

I have been looking into the services in the home and it's clear to see that there is an issue of SNR that's affecting all services and will be the primary reason why there is disruption of services:-

Reference - F004788434

Review date - 10/10/16

Once this is sorted the services should be working a bit better while we work to bring the TiVo service to normal once more.

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Leyland
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'd happily go back to Sky and really wish I had never left them. However, my line of sight to the satellite constellation is blocked by trees in a neighbour's garden and we kept losing the signal. I did ask Sky if they could send a couple of chaps round with a chainsaw when it was dark. They declined.

__
2 x TiVo 1TB & 512GB - XL Package | BT Infinity :-) | Retired IT Professional :-) :-)