Menu
Chris_c81
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sluggish menus, black screen recordings, error C501

Hello

I've been having a number of issues recently.

First one I began noticing was that the menu sounds have disappeared. Even when I enable them in settings, they disappear within a few minutes.

Second problem, the menus are pretty slow to react to remote commands. It appears to have got really sluggish.

Third and final problem, sometimes I'll go to play a recording and all I will get is a black screen. If however, I then reset the TiVo box, the recording will play fine after the restart. However on the last reset I did, I was prompted upon return to menu post restart with an unexpected error message C501.

Don't know if they're all related problems or seperate ones. Any thoughts please?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sluggish menus, black screen recordings, error C501

Hi Chris_c81

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with your TiVo service recently, I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the set top box from our end for you.

We're not detecting any issues with the set top box from our end at the moment, although I can see it's been on a little while. Are you able to reboot it after reading this message so I can re-run the tests? Keep an eye on it after the reboot as you might notice an improvement too.

Sorry again for the problems with the TiVo service, we're looking forward to getting this resolved.

Speak soon

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Chris_c81
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, it's rebooting now. Many thanks.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris_c81

Thanks for getting back to me, I've re-run the tests on the set top box and we're seeing some minor errors being reported, as a result I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to take a closer look, if you're available? 

I've sent you information regarding an appointment in a private message, you can view the message by clicking the blue envelope on the top right of this page.

We'll talk soon

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos