Menu
Isabelhope
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Slow tv and fragmented eposodes

We had Virgin installed 3 days ago & so far are very disappointed. We've found that when looking through the TV guide the screen freezer & pauses (unlike sky). Also when using catch up it takes even longer to load the programme...
On top of this slowness we've found that when watching any channels the screen freezes & gets block or lines across the screen. Only swapped from sky as our internet was rubbish & didn't reach our upstairs rooms (Virgin internet also doesn't reach). All of these issues are making us feel we should cancel (we only have 14 days to do so)....

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow tv & fragmented eposodes

There is a problem with the software of the box which they're working on. Causes the slowness. However everything else sounds like you have a signal issue. Phone 150 free from a virgin phone or 034544541111 as you'll need to get that sorted. 

0 Kudos
Isabelhope
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

So we called up and spoke to a man (who had terrible English). He didn't do any of the security checks that they normally do. He said that after running checks I was having signal issues with the box. Note that although the automated woman's voice had told me there was only a 2 minute wait to get through it took 16minutes to get through to this man. He also said that they would fix it within 48 hours. This hasn't happened. We have tried to reboot the box several times.

We had issues with the Bloke who initially installed out box as he refused to fit out second box (in the bedroom). He said at first this was due to not being able to do it without a second Virgin guy; however before he left he admitted that he's over worked and still had two jobs left to do before he gets to go home (it was 8.30pm) and that he could have done it by himself if he had the time and it wasn't raining. He gave us his mobile number and promised to come the following Saturday to finish the job. He also said that if we complained that it would be taken to head office and would take months to get someone else out to finish the job. We explained to him that as I'm 9months pregnant we would need him to come out that following Saturday without fail. I ended up going into hospital due to complications (baby's fine) meaning I wasn't to be at home. My partner called him (don) on the Saturday and explained that I was in hospital and did he know what time he was coming. He promised that he would come before 5pm. He didn't, he didn't turn up at all. My partner tried to call and text but to no response. I got out of hospital yesterday and called the complaint number. They are sending someone out to finish the install Thursday this week. Therefore whilst he's here I will get him to look at our main box and the freezing issues. It's terrible with recorded films but crackles all the time making it frustrating to watch tv on. I'll update you with my outcome once he's been Thursday.

On a plus we did also have issues with th broadband not reaching upstairs. I had to call a separate department to deal with these issues. I spoke to Kimberly who answered the call within 5mins. She asked all the security questions. She then talked me through resolving this issues. Within another 5mins shed fixed our broadband issues.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Isabelhope, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. I'm really sorry to hear about the less than perfect experience you have had since joining Virgin Media. 

I'd also like to offer my apologies for the time it''s taken for us to read your post. We're running a little behind on the boards and only now reaching your thread Smiley Sad

Since posting has the engineer been out to resolve the signal issues and install the other box? If not let us know and we can chase this for you. 

I'm glad things with your broadband are working again. It sounds like it was a channel issue. If you have an issue with this going forward then let us know and we can help to save you calling Smiley Happy

Keep me posted on how the engineer's visit has gone. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Isabelhope
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

We've had engineers out 5 times in total with no resolve. We've not got a tech person coming on Friday. Our broadband is not not working either...

Been paying for a service that doesn't work for nearly 3 weeks now. Wasted hours on the phone trying to resolve these issues. Hopefully the tech person will get it working Friday. As it is I wouldn't recommend Virgin to anyone
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Congratulations on the baby! Boy or girl? 

Im wondering since you're having so much grief if there's isn't an issue at either at the street cabinet or your cabling to the house from the street. Make sure the next engineer tests/checks everything. Good luck. It must be very disheartening 

0 Kudos
HavencroftKev
Up to speed
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like you have had a rough time, I hope your issues get sorted and that you get the chance to enjoy Virgin Media. I really think you will be impressed when everything is working well.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Isabelhope,

Thanks for posting updates to your issue.

I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble you've had with this, it's not the experience we want for our customers!

Let me know how the appointment foes and give me a shout if you continue getting problems.

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

0 Kudos
Isabelhope
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Still no resolve. Had the tech service out twice last week. Due to have another come today but have no idea on time so am just sat waiting. Catch up doesn't work and Internet also is intermittent and very slow when working. Frustrating thing is that the tech service guy peter that came out last week was so lovely and trying to be helpful but no resolve. We've now been paying for a service we are not getting for 3 weeks and have wasted hours of our time and stress but still no resolve which is leaving a very bad taste in our mouths. I just want it to work. Fingers crossed that the new tech guy does come today as I'm just about giving up on Virgin
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Isabelhope,

I can't apologise enough for the trouble you've had so far.

Let me know how it goes with the technician this afternoon and we'll go from there.

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

0 Kudos