Menu
lincoln332
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow tivo

My tivo box is so so slow and unresponsive have tried clearing and reseting all the usuall and nothing now been advised by virgin that they need to send out an engineer to diagnose any problems and if box is not working will send me a new one said to them on phone it's the substandard box and what are they doing about it and guess what not interested lookes like I will just need to sit right till Sept till my contract is up
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow tivo

Hi Lincoln332

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo box lately.

I'd like to take a closer look at this from our end but I've not been able to accurately locate your account information using your forum details unfortunately. So I can do that, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information?

You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
wodonnell
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sending an engineer is the default response from the overseas call centre.  They seem to be keen to end the call and get an engineer booked as soon as possible.  If you can get through to a UK based call handler they tend to be a lot more helpful.

0 Kudos
Dimbers
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sending an engineer will do nothing for the speed of the box, regardless of the signal levels.

It really doesnt impact the box unless you have a lot of noise on the line, if the levels are way out of spec, and i mean way out or if the return path is high. But none of these would cause a slow box anyway, they all have their tell tale signs from blocky picture to loss of OD.

It would seem that as Virgin have introduced new features and software updates the box cant handle the extra work its being asked of. Maybe the updates were in preparation for the new box, but instead of streamiling what was once a great box, its now absolutly shocking.

When the box was first introduced it was very fast, youtube loaded quickly as did all other apps, now it seems changing channel it too much.
0 Kudos