Menu
stevef
Superfast
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Slow tivo update

Good to hear you are rolling out an update to improve speed. what exactly did you do that will affect the ui ie what will look/work different that I might need to be aware of ? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow tivo update

Hi stevef, 

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

As per our new sticky here: Update to our TiVo boxes nothing will change to the look / feel of the layout. Everything is going to remain the same - just faster Smiley Happy

If you have any further questions or queries, pop back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

Hi stevef, 

Thanks for your post Smiley HappyAs per our new sticky here: Update to our TiVo boxes nothing will change to the look / feel of the layout. Everything is going to remain the same - just faster Smiley Happy

If you have any further questions or queries, pop back and let us know.

Thanks,

The response, as usual, avoids the question, i.e. what has been done to resolve the problems?  Can you guarantee that it will be faster and will remain so after a week or so, unlike the palliative measures previously suggested by the forum team, where speed improvements, if any, quickly disappeared?

Other points.

Has this update, just for a change, been tested properly? It is obvious that the two previous upgrades were not adequately tested and should not have been released in the state they were in.

What is the timetable for release of the current update? I can tell whether or not I have the update just by watching the painful amount of time involved in checking the system info to see if the version number has changed. I know the result long before the version number is displayed.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

I know the result long before the version number is displayed.

....can you please clarify what version we should be on as haven't actually checked mine! Smiley Indifferent

Is this buried within the Home menu and then Settings?

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

deans6571 wrote:

frank_gm wrote:

....can you please clarify what version we should be on as haven't actually checked mine! Smiley Indifferent

Thanks for that deans6571, I have just lost several minutes of my life checking that, it is so slow Smiley Happy

Home/Settings/System Info/System Info

Look at Software Version: there is an RC23 which, apparently, changes to RC24 after the update.

The actual version number details differ between Cisco and Samsung boxes apparently but the RC2? is constant.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

deans6571 wrote:

frank_gm wrote:

Thanks for that deans6571, I have just lost several minutes of my life checking that, it is so slow Smiley Happy

Look at Software Version: there is an RC23 which, apparently, changes to RC24 after the update.

The actual version number details differ between Cisco and Samsung boxes apparently but the RC2? is constant.

...LOL!!

Thanks for that  - gonna make a point of checking mine tonight!!! 

deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

deans6571 wrote:

frank_gm wrote:

Have just checked my TiVo and it already shows that I am on RC24. The TiVo is STILL slow though!!!

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Was excited Smiley Happy when I got home last night and turned the main box on from standby. It was noticeably faster than described above.

So I had received the update? Checked the version number, quicker to react than previously, but it was still RC23. So I checked the tuners and they were all on the same channel. So not an update but a reboot. 

So I can expect it to be a bit faster for a day or two before returning to normal. I wonder if the update reboots the system and initial impressions of a faster box are due to that rather than a real improvement?

Just me being cynical?

¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos