Menu
robert444
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Slow respose TiVo

Why do I find access to any thing on the TiVo so slow. It used to be quite good in the past but since software  upgrades(!) it is very slow to respond to commands and as for using catch up I find it a waist of time and resort to my smart TV if I want to view previous programs.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow respose TiVo

Me too

Dominatez
Up to speed
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Our TiVo box is a joke. It's become so slow its just annoying. I don't want to have to reboot it constantly as that's not solving the issue. The speed issue tells me that something is eating up the available memory and not freeing it back up. Fix it virgin as its annoying beyond belief now.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi robert444

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to hear that your TiVo box is running slow at the moment. 

As with any issues, we'd like to take an individual look at your set top box and run some tests. To allow me to do so, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Happy new year and look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Sorry but I haven't received anything from you. Could you resend please?.

0 Kudos
robert444
Tuning in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

I did respond but you obviously did not receive

I will send the details via email

Robert

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi 413222701,

Thanks for coming by, I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing troubles with the TiVo® service.

Can you please tell me a bit more about exactly what symptoms you're experiencing?  If it's slow performance, is it relating to menu navigation, changing channels, ordering On Demand content?

If you can let me know a bit more I can help further.  

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette
My TiVo is slow to wake up, sometimes a wait of 1 minute before you can use it. Some times it ignores to remote. Now I'm getting screen freezes and breakups, usually lasting up to 20-30 seconds. On demand is slow to open, 'though seems ok when running. I've been advised that if I have to have the unit replaced there's no way of transferring my recordings. Is this true?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi 413222701,

Thank you for getting back to me. Smiley Happy

In order to find out what's causing the slow performance in your TiVo® service I h ave carried out some checks from here for you.

I have found that there is a signal problem that needs closer attention.  I will arrange for an engineer for you.  If the box needs replacing then sadly recordings cannot be transferred or recovered in any way.  However, Series Links, Wishlist can be transferred saving you a lot of time setting them up again.

I will send all the details in a private message for you.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
zambo
Dialled in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Tivo has been running slow for a few days now. Symptoms include slow getting to 'Home', 'My Shows' and then slow when selecting items.

0 Kudos