Menu
stef325
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow reaction

Is it me? Or have the menu guides on TV slowed down massively since the new updated!! Service
0 Kudos
vginforum
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow reaction

For me, going from recording list to starting to play means I can make a cup of coffee while waiting
0 Kudos
SMCF
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

same here. Terrifyingly slow and now stuck in a boot loop - could just be our box, but the latest update really degraded the general performance of the menus.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

well the update has sneaked onto mine, & I have done the clear cache push button sequence trick. it does not seem too bad so far. clear cache helps I think but whether it is only a short term band-aid ...

are we collectively any wiser as to what specific usage patterns cause to to go very slow

I have seen suggestions that % full is a factor ( hard to control that as it insists on recording unwanted " suggestions"

I have also seen thumbs up / down blamed

is that all just speculation

there was a an issue reported where recordings did not happen on standby - is that now fixed, or not ?

is there any way to configure it so that it only records what it is told to, and not what it thinks we might want ?

less recording should be better for disc drive lifespan ?

is there any way to uninstall apps we will never use, to give it more spare resources ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stef325,

Thanks for coming in and posting, welcome back Smiley Happy

In case you were wondering about clearing the cache on the TiVo take a look here Smiley Happy

Many thannks and stay in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos