Menu
jetstream
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow catchup

Catchup on all channels is so slow. Usually about four minutes to download, and has been getting slower during the past year.

Have re-booted the V box to no avail. Can anybody help

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Slow catchup

Hello jetstream,

Thanks for posting about this on the community and I'm sorry to learn that you're experiencing problems with the Catch Up service.

When I check the box I can see there are signal issues which could be causing this so I would like to arrange for one of our engineers to take a look at this for you.

I'm just going to send you a private message with appointment times which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello jetstream,

Thanks for posting about this on the community and I'm sorry to learn that you're experiencing problems with the Catch Up service.

When I check the box I can see there are signal issues which could be causing this so I would like to arrange for one of our engineers to take a look at this for you.

I'm just going to send you a private message with appointment times which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jetstream
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

The engineer has been today and tested the equipment. All readings for the V-box were normal. However, he did say that my very slow speeds for catchup are quite normal for this type of box. Apparently software updates have not solved the problems.

He did talk about the advantages of the new box and fast speeds for catchup. The downside though was the £95.00 charge. This is, in my opinion, is unacceptable. My monthly bill is high, and for this I have to accept a creaking V-box. Perhaps I should consider the alternatives, but then I would lose the super fast broadband.

0 Kudos