Menu
justconnie
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Slow box Sept 2016

I tried the remove card & reboot trick. Seemed better for a couple of days but now as bad as ever. Any news on a fix for this yet?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow box Sept 2016

Hi justconnie,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your post and apologies to hear your TiVo® is running slow.

The first thing to try is giving it a reboot to see if this helps. Also, go through your recorded content and remove anything that you no longer want on there. Has this made any difference?

Finally, try this key sequence: Home > Thumbs down > Thumbs up > Play > Play > Play. You'll hear a 'ping' noise and the screen will go blank. When the screen comes back on you should notice the TiVo® speed up!

The TiVo® stores data that it uses fairly often in the cache so it can be called upon quickly. This sequence clears the cache and by doing this you remove all the background data freeing up some of the TiVo®'s memory.

Give these actions a try and come back and let us know how things go as we're here to help Smiley Happy 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
RockerSBM
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

Do a full reset on the tivo clear everything that should fix it.

cheers

0 Kudos
Browser01
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wait!! A full reset will wipe everything and the benefit of doing so will only be temporary. There are a couple of less drastic procedures which 'work', as a temporary workaround, which will need repeating probably weekly. These will not lose your series links or your recordings. There is a sticky thread at the top of this forum which has one which other users have tried with a modicum of success. Worth a try before you take drastic action which will also need repeating : (
0 Kudos
justconnie
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tried this. Works well for a few days, then have to repeat. There seems to be a fundamental design/program problem here, judging by the number of people who have raised this.
0 Kudos
stokiejon
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've had my Tivo for years now and also had a replacement at one point, unfortunately the slow response is what i now expect from it, i'd be more surprised it became fast.

Not sure its ever been what i would consider quick. My old virgin + box was mega speedy compared to the Tivo.

I

0 Kudos