Menu
Indy_Cision
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Slow and noisy TiVo box

I have a 1TB TiVo box which has always been noisy when in standby mode (repeated hard drive clunking noises - have stuck soft pads to the bottom to reduce vibration etc. but no difference) but for the last 5 months has become more and more sluggish and unresponsive - until then it was fast (well, the TV guide loaded much faster than my "normal" V+HD box and the applications loaded relatively quickly)

I don't get pixilation but I do get occasional "stutters" where it blacks out and loses sound for a fraction of a second then continues as normal - applications are now horrific (I no longer use my TiVo for anything other than recordings or live TV, if we want to watch anything on catch-up we stream it over our "normal" internet instead) - Have tried all the "fixes" (including wiping recordings/suggestions/ratings and the hour long reset to factory settings) but nothing has improved things.

When things started to slow down the forum was filled with "this is normal, we're waiting for a fix to be rolled out, and if that doesn't fix it there is going to be an upgraded box in the new year which can replace it". I've had my line checked by a Virgin Engineer when we had a second box installed upstairs who told me this was affecting a lot of people and the fix should be here soon, and also mentioned an improved TiVo box on the horizon which didn't have the same problems.

Are we any closer to having a fix for this, or is there a stock of "working" 1TB TiVo boxes somewhere to replace the ones having problems? (Hell at this point I would accept a working 500GB box and a refund of the extra £50 I paid for the 1TB version if the smaller TiVo boxes work?)

If there are still no fixes for this, and the only resolution is to swap it for a V6 box, can this be done without me forking out yet another £50 for the replacement box? (I don't mind the activation fee, but no way would I want another £50 to pay to replace a faulty 1TB box that I had already paid the additional £50 for)

Paul

0 Kudos
bazh2002
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow and noisy TiVo box

Mines the same, seems that normal with this TiVo box, I came from sky to virgin 15months ago and TiVo does my head in, compared to Sky's system it's a snail 🐌 and so annoying. You will find that you will have to pay if you want a V6, saying that if you read the forums the V6 comes with its own problems. My minds made up a return to sky in June.

0 Kudos