Menu
Jessyellen
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Slow Tivo

im really fed up of my slow TiVo box after doing all the checks it's ok for a while then goes back to snail pace. What am I paying for I ask myself when Virgin puts the prices up the service gets no better. Have been with you since ntl and it's getting worse not better!!!! If there is a new TiVo box out why haven't I been offered one as a loyal customer???? 

Helpful Answers
EvoUK
Superfast
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Slow Tivo

Sorry to say that being a loyal customer doesn't mean anything to companies like VM these days. Your just another fee paying customer to them! I too am fed up with my TiVo box, still after the latest update it's useless.......more than ever. 

0 Kudos

All Replies
EvoUK
Superfast
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry to say that being a loyal customer doesn't mean anything to companies like VM these days. Your just another fee paying customer to them! I too am fed up with my TiVo box, still after the latest update it's useless.......more than ever. 

0 Kudos
EvoUK
Superfast
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried the thumbs down, thumbs up, play, play option? It clears the cache on the box and for some it can improve the speed for a while. Otherwise it's best to phone them on 150 and get an engineer out.

0 Kudos
Hariom
Joining in
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I've had the same SLOW TIVO problem since VM installed the new 'Tivo features.'

Umpteem attempts to clear the cache proves to be pointless, as within a couple of days it's slow again.

I cant afford time off, Virgin have visited me 4/5 times last two year, MAY BE VIRGIN CAN RESOLVE ISSUES WITH THE NEW TiVo V6 BOX....However it would be my 2nd TiVo box since January, replacing means losing my library of recordings again....VM should find a solution to this issue so we can get the boxes replaced or serviced offsite. 

Most engineers who don't fault find just replace are great for routers etc. But not for serious issues. Made many many several calls a year for issues which continue to this date. VM great on phone but struggle to consistently solve my issues. |I thought I was just unlucky, but looking on the forum today has proved to be a real eye opener.

And your right, VM prices keep going up, citing new development and R&D costs, I started my package with virgin at £39.00 for TV, Broadband and landline  rental now paying £70.00 in 5 years. sometimes I feel £19.00 for line rental is so expensive since most of us now use our for calls mobiles etc....

Seriously thinking of getting rid of my TV and landline and going elsewhere for broadband.

Gripe over...

Hariom

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jessyellen,

I'm sorry to hear that your TiVo® is running slow. Have you tried clearing the cache on the box as EvoUK advised? Has this helped? There is a known issue that is causing the TiVo® to respond slowly.

Saying that, I've run remote testing to your TiVo® and I can see a specific signal problem that could be causing a further issue with your equipment and I would ask for details to book in an engineer for you. If there is a fault with the box, then the engineer will need to replace the box. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

If you would like to discuss upgrading your service to the new V6 box, please give us a call on 150 (Free from a Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone), taking option 4, then option 1 to speak to our Customer Service Team. 

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Jessyellen
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, When my contract comes up I always say to myself change supplier but I hear from friends family that none of them seem to be any better...BT being the worst. I got a message to arrange for an engineer to come out to my TiVo box but from what you have said I'm not expecting a result!!!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

By the sounds of things I'd expect the tech to replace your faulty TiVo, and also fix the signal level issues you have, so no reason why everything shouldn't be working fine afterwards.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Jessyellen
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Terri-p 

cant beleive at the end of your message you suggest I call to discuss upgrading to V6...... I'm not happy with your service and price increases so why on earth would you think I would want to upgrade!!!! 

Just because I'm on the basic package shouldn't mean I get basic service. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jessyellen,

I'm sorry to hear that you would like to change providers due to a problem with your TiVo®. I can certainly understand how frustrating it is when there's a fault with your service. When did you first report this problem? I'd like to look into why this wasn't investigated further for you at that time.

I provided you with information about how to upgrade to the V6 box because in your post you mentioned that this may fix the slow response issue on the TiVo®.

I've sent you a further pm about your engineer appointment, please check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
JamieMA
Up to speed
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I know this doesn't help, but the V6 box is a massive improvement on the current Tivo box, which VM should be ashamed of still pushing on people. I actually enjoy using it as it's very quick to navigate around, and you don't have to make a cup of tea while you wait for a button press to register. It really is night and day. Obviously VM will do what they do and run it in to the ground over time with bloated software, but for the time being it's honestly great. 

If you're having issues with your box, and not happy with price increases, use it as a stick to beat Virgin with and see if they can sort out a deal on a new V6 install. VM are a very reactive company, you have to go at them to get anything sorted. Ring them direct, go straight to retentions, and talk to them. Posting on here will get you nowhere fast.

0 Kudos