Menu
Doug99
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Slow Tivo

I have recently subscribed to Virgin and disappointed at its performance.  It has just taken me 3 and a half minutes to access a Netflix movie.  This is unacceptable by today's standards.  I am aware there is another thread relating to this matter, but it does not appear to offer any solutions. It would be helpful if someone could advise me whether this is a technical problem which can be addressed, or a limitation of the Tivo box.

I keep receiving mail from Sky tempting me to return to them for Xmas.  Can Tivo deliver?

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Tivo

Look at the post at the top of the board. Update by end November. 

0 Kudos
fredtheted
Up to speed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

.....and if you believe that all the pigs are flying. Mind you isn't the end of November when the new box is being released? All the problems gone for an extra fiver a month .
0 Kudos
Doug99
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Its now 27 Nov - When will I know my box has the new code?

0 Kudos
Doug99
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just read another thread and it appears that my TiVo 'System Info' is showing the updated software.  If that's the case then the fix has done nothing for me!! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The update will fix slowness due to firmware issues. It will not fix slowness due to network or signal issues. These need to be checked out by the faults team, so if no network issues show up via the service status pages, give them a call (150 from a Virgin phone).

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Doug99 Smiley Happy

Thank you for your message, we appreciate your patience and sorry we've not been in touch sooner Smiley Happy

We've been rolling out a recent update and all boxes, this should be within the next two weeks from my post, keep an eye out for some changes. 

All the best and hope you're all gearing up for the beginning of the Christmas festivities Smiley Happy
Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos