Menu
nig451964
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Slow Tivo

Like a few people I am finding the TIVO box impossible to work with!

When are you going to sort this out Vigin Media ?

I pay upwards of £800 a year for a service which for the most part is ok but the TV equipment is sooo slow!

I have followed the instructions on the forums about pressing buttons on the remote etc, even completely wiped the ruddy thing thus loosing all out recorded programs but still, it's snail slow....

If you care about customer retention please sort this out !.

Helpful Answers
lockwood4
Dialled in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Slow Tivo

Can't help with the slow TiVo box but surely if all the Virgin Media customers within the community start complaining Virgin 

will have to take some interest. Since my box was updated to the new look my TiVo box has got SLOWER than before.

Virgin please start listening to us as your competitors are ringing us constantly to take your business especially if we have left them to use Virgin !!!! Another question I'd be interested in is does anyone have anywhere near the 200 mbs constantly advertised in broadband as mine is always around 50 

Please listen ten to us Mr Virgin

0 Kudos

All Replies
lockwood4
Dialled in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Can't help with the slow TiVo box but surely if all the Virgin Media customers within the community start complaining Virgin 

will have to take some interest. Since my box was updated to the new look my TiVo box has got SLOWER than before.

Virgin please start listening to us as your competitors are ringing us constantly to take your business especially if we have left them to use Virgin !!!! Another question I'd be interested in is does anyone have anywhere near the 200 mbs constantly advertised in broadband as mine is always around 50 

Please listen ten to us Mr Virgin

0 Kudos
KalamakiBob
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Fully agree with your comment re slow TiVo box. Mine is dreadful.
However I am on the 200mb Vivid service and I do get that but only on a direct wired connection. WiFi is only around the 50mb speed at best but that's not Virgin's fault - or so I'm told.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi all

I'm very sorry to learn about your recent experience with the TiVo service.

We're aware of an issue some of our customers are experiencing with slowness on their TiVo service, you can keep up to date with any progress made regarding this issue on [this thread].

Apologies again for the inconvenience you've experienced.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
nig451964
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Do you even check the links before you place them?

There are no updates on theat thread.

Stop trying to fob us off and explain why the kit you have supplies doesn't work?
Schlicky
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I agree - I dropped from 200mb to 50mb to save money, but now I'm looking at BT Infinity and their YouView+ box..
oldgit
Dialled in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I was looking at BT but their you view box only allows you to watch one programme and record another.Sadly I will have to plod on with virgin at moment but will be leaving early next year as I will be moving and virgin say they will have no service in the area that I am moving to.

I am moving approx 5 metres away from my present flat,literally over the road, and virgin can't ,or won't supply a service.TThere may be a problem as it is a new build but they have lost customers already who have moved.

nig451964
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

So are we going to get some answers or not?
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi nig451964

When there are updates available they'll be posted to that thread, apologies again for the inconvenience you're experiencing and I hope this is sorted very soon.

Take care

craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ChasFerguson
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin, you don't seem to answer the questions put to you.

You only have to search the internet and the overwhelming grumble is about the effectiveness and speed of TIVO.

You've been asked to account for the slowness of the box and what the company is doing to resolve it, and still no reply has been offered to customers, paying a lot of money for the service.

Surely the answer is simple.  The TIVO box hardware has aged and the software/firmware you are using on it now requires faster hardware to run it all.

It is infuriating. I am considering leaving.  My Monthly cost of the service is going up and the quality of the service isn't matching the price hikes.

When will you be replacing your customers boxes for some that match the power of Sky's new Q box?