Menu
ibbotson
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Slow Tivo...

When is Virgin going to sort there very slow Tivo , sometimes its like waiting for paint to dry. I believe there is a price increase due in November, which I feel is not justified until they sort this issue.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Tivo...

Hi ibbotson

I'm very sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service lately, as you're likely aware, we're aware of an issue some of our customers are experiencing with their TiVo box operating slowly.

You can keep up to date with that issue [on this thread], I'm sorry again for the inconvenience it's caused and we'll be here to help in any way we can.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ibbotson
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Looking at other post on this issue. Your reply seems to be Virgins standard response!!! sorry but that's not acceptable, it needs sorting before you loose more customers to Sky. 

cruising
Superfast
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The reply is standard Virgin rubbish and has been going on for more than two years and counting........and they are still trotting out the same old nonsense on the Forum. Totally unconvincing and now becoming virtually a joke that few customers take any notice of.

I am finding it nearly impossible to even consider renewing my contract under these conditions.

How can an 18 month contract be justified with the out of date TIVOs that we are lumbered with.

After all, would anybody buy a product that works so fitfully as a TIVO.  Customers would be taking them back for an instant refund.

VM should be giving blanket reductions all round...never mind increases.

vwt5
Up to speed
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

keep upto date on this thread,its over 5 weeks old with no update.

UNKNOWN
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

vwt5 wrote:

keep upto date on this thread,its over 5 weeks old with no update.

Here is a list of what we have done about it:

1) Nothing. Smiley Very Happy

Evidently it will be quicker to get Sky than wait for any fix that will likely cause even more new problems.

vwt5
Up to speed
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

i got offered £3 discount a month for the poor service,is that an insult or what
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ibbotson,

Thank you for your reply, I'm sorry that it wasn't what you were expecting. 

We have no update on this type of issue and will continue to work with the engineers to bring the speed back to normla again. 

Once we have more information, check back on the TV board, we'll put a sticky up once this is sorted.

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
ibbotson
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben

Thank you for your response. I note you still say there is no update on a remedy regarding the TiVo speed issue, what you and Virgin need to remember is that we are paying full price, along with a forthcoming price increase, for a service that seems not fit for purpose at present. I also note that Virgin are advertising there CLEVER TIVO BOX in my paper this morning!! not so clever at the moment.

We personally do not want to move to Sky because Virgins Broadband & Telephone is good, but we are getting increasingly frustrated with the TiVo service which is pushing us that way. My wife went to watch a recorded program last night, it was showing I'm my show as recorded but when playing all we got was a black screen. She then tried to watch the program on catch up but the recording was breaking up so badly that she gave up.

Please Virgin start remember your customers..........

dodgem21
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If anything the Tivo is getting slower! It beggers belief that this update was rolled out surely it was tested and they knew this would happen.

I have resorted to using a freeview PVR for recordings from freeview channels as it is far faster than the Tivo.

The Tivo is trying to be to many things and the hardware and or software is not up to the job imo. 

I have carried out the suggestions made in the help forums while they work on a fix for this issue and it hardly makes any difference, Mine just keep getting slower and my patience is being tested.

The new Tivo coming soon no doubt may resolve these problems but how much extra will it cost? The current Tivo in my opinion is becoming unfit for purpose and as others have stated if it were purchased I would have returned it to the shop as faulty.

Come on Virgin its nice to know youre working on a fix but would be even better to know youve finally fixed it.