Menu
m_sinclair9981
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Slow Tivo

To whom it may concern,

We are suffering from our Tivo box being insufferably slow- in all areas of navigation.  We have had family members round (also Virgin media customers) who have commented it is incredibly slow.

As I see from other threads, you should be able to help, can a Virgin employee please look into our account and help.

Much appreciated

Martin

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Slow Tivo

Hey m_sinclair9981

I'm really sorry to hear about the problems with your TiVo box. 

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the set top box from our end for you, we're seeing the set top box as non contactable at the moment. 

Would you know if the set top box was turned on at the time of this post? If so, respond to the private message I've sent and I'll arrange for this to be escalated as soon as possible.

Sorry again for the inconvenience this is causing, we're looking forward to getting it resolved.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey m_sinclair9981

I'm really sorry to hear about the problems with your TiVo box. 

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the set top box from our end for you, we're seeing the set top box as non contactable at the moment. 

Would you know if the set top box was turned on at the time of this post? If so, respond to the private message I've sent and I'll arrange for this to be escalated as soon as possible.

Sorry again for the inconvenience this is causing, we're looking forward to getting it resolved.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Shugg
Up to speed
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello, Virgin people.  I also have had this problem for some time.  My Shows are at 48%, which isn't particularly full.  Many of the operations of the TiVo box have become frustratingly slow, eg,

>Go to Guide, try and go down the listing and it does not respond right away, there are no programmes shown and then it starts to populate them.  I thought programmes were downloaded each night and should always be there.

>Go to a programme in My Shows and press Play, the spinning loading wheel appears and it eventually plays.

Should it be as slow as this?  I have tried disconnecting it from the mains but to no avail.  If it can be tested at your end, that would be good.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shugg, 

Many thanks for coming by and posting. I'm very sorry to see that you've been having some slowness in the device in the home. 

Looks like from what you've mentioned here there's been some checks and I can see you've rebooted. I would like to look into this a bit further for you and if you can tell me if this has always been responding in this manner or has it become more slower over time? As you have mentioned, a 48% isn't massively taking up room and I have check the hard drive, it is running well. 

Please get back to me soon.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Shugg
Up to speed
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.  It's not all the time, just every so often.  It's usually evidenced if I'm trying to flick down the channel list and it hangs for a few seconds before responding.  It does seem to have got slower over time.  I know I could reset it, but then I'd lose everything recorded.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shugg, 

Thanks for coming back and sticking with us on this Smiley Happy

Do you leave your TiVo® box online each night or power it off?

It may be worth giving the box a reboot as this usually resolves any slowness. 

I've taken a look at your account today and there doesn't appear to be any underlying issues as far as I can tell. 

Let me know how things go after a reboot Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Shugg
Up to speed
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I usually leave it on as I may be recording something, but reboot it every so often.  What is really annoying is when I go to TV Guide and there are no programmes against any channel, so it has to re-populate the list before I can go down the list.

Anyway, have just hard rebooted it and left it off for a bit.  It did them seem to be quicker - is there a cache that can only be cleared by rebooting?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shugg,

Thank you for the update Smiley Happy

I'm pleased to hear it's a little bit better for you.

If the issue doesn't continue, don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos