Message 31 of 36 (259 Views)

Re: Slow Tivo box – solved!

Couldn't agree more with you !!!

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 32 of 36 (85 Views)

Hi Ben,

I have already had a technician out, a very nice man, but he checked everything and said yep that's as fast as it's going to go. I've tried speaking to customer complaints but just got told the only way to deal with it is to pay more money each month and upfront fee to upgrade to the new box. I'm now forced to look at getting rid of virgin all together as cannot justify paying so much for such a poor product with a company so unwilling to recognise the issues that they have generated. A very unhappy bunny.

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 33 of 36 (83 Views)

[ Edited ]

Just use basic virgin pack for the internet and use nowtv for the rest of even freesat. No more extra cash going to virgin!

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 34 of 36 (77 Views)

I have now tv, amazon prime and netflix, now need to find something to replace virgins recording function as that is all i'm using it for. Then I will get rid of virgin, i'm most disappointed by their lack of concern having forced the upgrade from v+. Any ideas on some kind of recorder?

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 35 of 36 (74 Views)

I use a freesat recorder. Not freeview! For all my recordings. I then network it to my NAS. 

Fibre optic
Message 36 of 36 (53 Views)

I'm getting there too TiVo has turned me towards
Using Netflix, Amazon , fire stick and now tryin Now TV
I have been paying VM between 80-130 per month over the last year , I am surprised they are so sanguine about letting customers go
0 Kudos