Couldn't agree more with you !!!

0 Kudos
kate_rowe
Tuning in
Message 32 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Tivo box – solved!

Hi Ben,

I have already had a technician out, a very nice man, but he checked everything and said yep that's as fast as it's going to go. I've tried speaking to customer complaints but just got told the only way to deal with it is to pay more money each month and upfront fee to upgrade to the new box. I'm now forced to look at getting rid of virgin all together as cannot justify paying so much for such a poor product with a company so unwilling to recognise the issues that they have generated. A very unhappy bunny.

tonyworks
Up to speed
Message 33 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Just use basic virgin pack for the internet and use nowtv for the rest of even freesat. No more extra cash going to virgin!

kate_rowe
Tuning in
Message 34 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I have now tv, amazon prime and netflix, now need to find something to replace virgins recording function as that is all i'm using it for. Then I will get rid of virgin, i'm most disappointed by their lack of concern having forced the upgrade from v+. Any ideas on some kind of recorder?

0 Kudos
tonyworks
Up to speed
Message 35 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I use a freesat recorder. Not freeview! For all my recordings. I then network it to my NAS. 

machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 36 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting there too TiVo has turned me towards
Using Netflix, Amazon , fire stick and now tryin Now TV
I have been paying VM between 80-130 per month over the last year , I am surprised they are so sanguine about letting customers go
0 Kudos
argiel
On our wavelength
Message 37 of 38
Flag for a moderator

They appear to be tying themselves in knots over this:

• Forum Team reps in here claiming "I've looked into your problem, and can see there's something we can do. Contact me directly to arrange an engineer visit"
  • The engineer turns up, tightens all the cables, switches off and back on again, and then announces "That's as good as it's going to get. iPlayer is slow for everyone on Virgin Media, and the problem is with the signal we get, not your box."
  • Customer Service say either "There's a known problem in your area, it should be fixed soon. No I can't give you a date" (this is a completely untrue delaying tactic) or "You're not paying for player, it's free, so there's nothing to refund"
  • Meanwhile Virgin Media have billboard ads in the street outside saying how fast their service is.

Moral of the story: It's cheaper to use advertising to look like a good cable provider than it is to invest in technology and customer service to actually be one.

Djr1
Joining in
Message 38 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Did 2 & 3 and had immediate improvement but went back to read slow a hour later.
So I do it immediately before trying to load Netflix. Which believe it or not is quicker than the normal wait.
0 Kudos