Menu
vader
On our wavelength
Message 21 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Tivo box – solved! (Not Solved)

No, I didn't know that actually.  Thankyou.  However, that's not normally the solution because sometimes I want to delete selected shows from a folder, maybe 20 of them or so.  They have to be deleted manually, one by one.  Ridiculous.  A select or tick box next to the ones you want to delete then press a delete button is the way to go.

I am going to check out Sky today.  I will probably keep Virgin Broadband because I have no issue with it and has served me very well  - despite you not offering native IPv6 like Sky and others have started to do and this is starting to become important.   I will monitor that situation.  But TIVO is rubbish, I am sorry to say and do so respectfully.  Technology from the early 2000's.  Virgin simply have not kept up.

As I say, on a technology front Virgin are behind the curve.

SPR
Tuning in
Message 22 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Solving the box doesn't seem to have been reached for all, but thought I would share my finally satisfactory outcome.
My VHD box was removed, my Cisco TiVo moved upstairs & a new v6 installed downstairs.

There is a function to copy all settings to the new box.
You can stream between the boxes, so I have not lost any recordings.
With all of the SPs & WLs removed from the original box it now works without the problems I was having with the playback stuttering,

I was about to walk away until this option was presented to me.
This simple solution has kept me, but also is now providing me the service that I expect.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 23 of 38
Flag for a moderator

You're similarly not just going into the menu for each show and deleting it, you're just using the Clear button on the remote?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 24 of 38
Flag for a moderator

SPR wrote:

Solving the box doesn't seem to have been reached for all, but thought I would share my finally satisfactory outcome.
My VHD box was removed, my Cisco TiVo moved upstairs & a new v6 installed downstairs.

There is a function to copy all settings to the new box.
You can stream between the boxes, so I have not lost any recordings.
With all of the SPs & WLs removed from the original box it now works without the problems I was having with the playback stuttering,

I was about to walk away until this option was presented to me.
This simple solution has kept me, but also is now providing me the service that I expect.

That sounds like one of the dubious solutions provided a while back by the Forum team. Remove all the useful functions and your Tivo will work faster, well maybe for a week or so. 

I had both boxes replaced in October and they were slow from day one. Particularly the Samsung while the Cisco is not as bad.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
SuperMario84
Joining in
Message 25 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Tivo box – solved!

Its sad to see that I'm not the only one with the problems. The new box is £99 maybe its all part of a plan to make everyone buy a new box. Theres not much point of me having the TiVo box now.... The virgin internet though, thats the best - the constant price rises are getting annoying though

0 Kudos
fandango
Joining in
Message 26 of 38
Flag for a moderator

"The new box is £99 maybe its all part of a plan to make everyone buy a new box."

Call me a cynic, but that is exactly what I've thought all along. When they announced the new box, it all fell into place!

I'm so sick of Tivo I've succumbed but when the new one starts playing up, I'm off!

tonyworks
Up to speed
Message 27 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Just use VM for the internet. Get the basic package and then buy and use a freeview or freesat box for all your TV and catch up.

They are much quicker, you own them and own the recordings on them. You can place the recordings on a USB stick or network then watch them on anything anywhere at no extra cost.

SuperMario84
Joining in
Message 28 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Just found it easier to cancel all my services -  my mobile provider provided discounted broadband only Smiley Happy Also my new TV can record to USB, so most of the TiVo functionality is redundant. Good luck everyone, I hope Virgin sorts things out for you soon

GaryPugsley
Joining in
Message 29 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I recently moved to virgin from Sky and cannot believe how slow the TiVo box is. Worse decision I ever made but at least I only have the player package which is only £5 a month so might take sky up on their offer to return to their TV package for the discounts they are offering and then I will be covering my losses.
0 Kudos
naeem_mm
Tuning in
Message 30 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Virgin staff act like this issue does not exist. They should offer a free V6 box to all users. Tweet the CEO your displeasure and request free V6 upgrade with no additional monthly or upfront costs. @TomMockridgeVM @virginmedia #FreeTiVoV6upgrade