Menu
gopete
Tuning in
Message 11 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Tivo box – solved!

I just removed the card from my Tivo box and rebooted. I have only tested for a few minutes but the immediate difference is very apparent. it DOES seem to be working normally now after all these weeks of waiting in vain for Virgin to sort it out. I still grudge the unjustified £3.49 increase on my monthly bill as I really have no interest in subsidising Richard Branson's Star Trek fantasies. 

BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 12 of 38
Flag for a moderator

A reboot would give you a boost with or without card.
Give it time and it will start slowing again
0 Kudos
alski
Joining in
Message 13 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I would add number 6 which is a step on from 5. As well as the deleted programmes there is also the suggestions tab - both are at the bottom of your list of recordings. Delete everything in the suggestions folder. Then go to the box settings menu and under recordings stop the box recording suggestions. This helped me but I dont know if it is a permanent fix. Looks to me as if the box doesnt hold back enough free space to operate properly but thats just a guess.

0 Kudos
oldgit
Dialled in
Message 14 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Has anyone had this new code sent to their Tivo and if so,has it solved the problem?

0 Kudos
Bingley
Superfast
Message 15 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Sadly not,  no download yet I`m not crossing my fingers as anything with VM is always slow to appear - I`d hate to send them for the midwife !!! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
fergiet
Superfast
Message 16 of 38
Flag for a moderator

oldgit wrote:

Has anyone had this new code sent to their Tivo and if so,has it solved the problem?

Got it a couple of days ago (Edinburgh). Seems slightly quicker but not much. Set a new series+ link last evening and got the blue circle for about 20 secs.

So I cannot say it's fixed !

UNKNOWN
Fibre optic
Message 17 of 38
Flag for a moderator

No doubt those of us who were picked on to trial the faulty version and reported the faults immediately, only to be ignored and for it to be rolled out to everyone else, will be picked to be last to get the "attempted" resolution after all these months. We were the ones who had the even more disastrous RC20 release too that stopped recordings from recording! Oh well, as others have said it was slow before they broke it, so it will still be slow, just less chronically unusable except for the series links faults. I have Virgin Media on record, saying all existing Tivo customers will "get V6 for absolutely nothing before Christmas", so will be interested to see whether they have "changed their mind" on that one. Doesn't sound like the major faults with the downgraded series link functionality have been fixed and they affect V6 too, so that will probably be the 2017 fiasco IMO, too bad they never listen to their customers. Bring on the February 2017 prices hikes, letters usually arrive just before Christmas and another round of contract cancellations.

markhughes406
Joining in
Message 18 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Tivo box – solved! (Not Solved)

Hi iv been with VM for 3 weeks after being with sky for 10+ years.

Internet is fantastic compared to sky but the TiVo is shocking. It's clunky and extremely slow. Every time I press a button on the remote it takes at least 30 seconds to respond to the command, sometimes it takes so long I could make myself a coffee while waiting.

Iv tried the above but have not had or very limited joy. Considering it's a new box I'm very disappointed by the complexity of the menus and how long it takes to respond to simple commands like play or pause.

Will be complaining via phone in the next few days 😡😡😡😡
0 Kudos
vader
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I agree.  It is shocking.  My GF has Sky (she has had the desktop box for two years) and the service is brilliant.  The menus are fast and speedy and responsive.

MY TIVO worked fine for first three years or so but has gotten progressively worse in terms of the box responding to the commands from the remote.  Catchup is unusable.  My mates who live in my area say the same, it all just so glacially slow.  And for goodness sake, why is there not a tick box next to recordings so they can be ticked then all deleted in one go?  Takes an age to delete a series of recordings!

The only option is to move elsewhere since Virgin seem manifestly unable to address these issues.  I am looking at SkyQ now myself as I get £100 for joining and my GF gets £100 for introducing me.  Also get the latest box that can do 4K and also IPv6 native.

Virgin, you are out of date.  Shame because by and large I have had a good service from you. However, your technical leadership needs to get their act together.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 20 of 38
Flag for a moderator

You know you can just delete an entire folder of recordings at once?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos