Menu
Paperboy
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Slow Tivo after outage

Has anyone else who suffered the 24-hour + outage of TV and broadband recently found that now the service is back that their Tivo is running slowly?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Pete_Pirata
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Slow Tivo after outage

Hi There, this worked for me.....As well as clearing all suggestions and preferences, I got this helpful advice from Josh of the Virgin Forum team and it worked.. To clear the cache on the TiVo® just go to the Home screen and press Thumbs Down, Thumbs Up, Play, Play. You'll hear a 'ping' noise and the screen will go blank for a few seconds. After 30 seconds the screen came back on and the box was much faster... Hope this helps others. Peter

All Replies
Pete_Pirata
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi There, this worked for me.....As well as clearing all suggestions and preferences, I got this helpful advice from Josh of the Virgin Forum team and it worked.. To clear the cache on the TiVo® just go to the Home screen and press Thumbs Down, Thumbs Up, Play, Play. You'll hear a 'ping' noise and the screen will go blank for a few seconds. After 30 seconds the screen came back on and the box was much faster... Hope this helps others. Peter
Paperboy
Dialled in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That has helped my Tivo, thanks, but the broadband still seems slow. I've jut run a couple of speed tests and got about 70mb/s for download and about 5mb/s for upload. Does this sound about right?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paperboy,

Thank you for coming in and posting your message.

I have been looking into the services and I'm happy that the TiVo is working better. I was able to determine that there is some over demand for services in the area currently. The engineers are working on site to provide upgrades and once this is resolved, any issues you may be receiving in peak times, (evenings and weekends), will cease. I have included some information on the outage below:-

Outage reference: F003912939

Est review date: 8th Feb 2017

Please stay in touch and thank you.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Paperboy
Dialled in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, it was still fairly slow last night.

I take it there will be some compensation for the total loss of service we suffered a couple of weeks ago?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paperboy

Thanks for the reply.

In regards to the credit for the total loss of service you experienced a few weeks ago, you can call through to us on either 150 free from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 to discuss this further.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Paperboy
Dialled in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam,

tried this but kept being put on hold.

Is there a customer service email address I can write to as I can't spend all day on the phone?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paperboy

If you go to our Contact Us page under Something else you have Make a complaint. You can either use the Chat online to discuss the compensation or write to us as it has the address written for you.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos